Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Airpoints redemption on star alliance - single flight number?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ airpoints

Hi - have been looking at the airline partner reward chart for AirNZ airpoints and it looks like there are some potentially good deals on flights from NZ or Australia to Europe - as long as they are on a single flight number. However I can't think of any Star Alliance carriers which fly from NZ / Australia to Europe without involving more than 1 flight number. Is anyone aware of any such flights?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
There is none.

There used to be VS flying SYD-HKG-LHR and OS flying SYD/MEL-SIN/BKK-VIE but both have pulled out long ago.

TK could potentially start service to Australia in the near future.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:05 am

Air NZ's own service? NZ2?

If you can find reward space on the Air NZ operated flight from AKL-LHR via LAX then
1. go buy a lotto ticket
2. purchase the ticket

Seriously though if you can find space then it's possible to purchase the NZ2 and an add-on European flight (an extra 175 APD for a flight under 200km). You can't just book NZ2 on points using the partner award chart unless you include a partner flight hence the reason for the European add-on flight.

Potentially MEL-WLG (SQ) -> WLG-AKL -> AKL-LHR via LAX (NZ2) would also be a valid routing using the partner award chart. But the value significantly reduces.... typical of the NZ Airpoints program.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Indeed this is a scam. Currently NZ1/2 are the only flights that meet this requirement. I have come across inventory for economy class rewards from time to time, but never for business class when I was looking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.