Search

NZ A320 Seats (Domestic)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue :(
NZ A320 Seats (Domestic)

Hi,

can anyone tell me what a good row would be on the A320? Rows 1-9 already taken up. Flying CHC to ZQN (Return) and would like a good view out the window for landing in ZQN.

Thanks.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Do you have any *A status? If not that could be why rows 1-9 are taken, as they are blocked off for Gold members as they have an 34-35” seat pitch.

if you care about leg room, you could have for the exit rows. Otherwise all the other rows are pretty much the same with an 30-32” pitch.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Landing at ZQN, I prefer seats in the right, but you can’t go wrong either way.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Row makes no real difference - and I'd argue neither does the side. Both have amazing views but some might say the r/h side flying down will give you better views. For landing left or right hand side really depends what runway is in use. My suggestion is to stick with the same side both ways so you get to enjoy both sides.

As for rows 1-9 you won't be able to select these without any NZ or *G status.
Old May 22, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
I'd go on the right side - if the weather is good, you'll have views of the Alps and alpine lakes. Re: landing - as others have said, if the weather is good either side will be spectacular for you.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue :(
Thanks for the replies. Expertflyer shows rows 1-9 to ZQN and rows 1-8 (Left side of 9) to CHC as occupied and not blocked. I would like to get a window just behind the wing but don't know what row that is.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Rows 17 and higher would be behind the wing, see seatmap for domestic A320
Expertflyer doesn't effectively show seats blocked for those with NZ or *A status blocked, as those seats are only visible when those with such status attempt a booking. Roughly a third of the seats on domestic A320s are designated Space + (extra legroom).

In any case, that seatmap shows you where the wings are, enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.