Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airpoints Credit Card deals

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I have no idea how much I've spent with Kiwibank this past year, but it's well over 100k. No fee waiver, no bonuses, nothing. Oh, sorry, I forgot - I'm swimming up to my eyeballs in lounge passes that are useless to me as I have Gold status (soon to be Elite - so I'll have even less of a chance of needing them). Would love to be able to gift these to my family members that have never used Koru before, but no, can't gift them at all.

The effort of switching cards for a few hundred extra dollars in benefits though just isn't worth it to me, so Kiwibank will continue to begrudgingly have me as their customer. But due to their comparatively poor service with other banks going above/beyond, I warn everyone else to never join Kiwibank and to join something else.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Originally Posted by TraderX
Had pretty heavy spend on Kiwibank airpoints platinum, they were offering 300 APD to new customers, I asked for fee waiver, they said no. I ditched them. Its sad that you have to churn to get the best deal..
I signed up under that deal, having never used Kiwibank before, but wanted a spare card after cancelling my Amex.
Spent the requisite $2000 in first few weeks but still haven’t received the bonus A$300 to my account. Sent the bank a secure message but so far that has gone unanswered.

As an aside the KB tech is poor compared with Westpac and BNZ, no pending transactions etc. having said that the process of vetting ID and address by tel was much more user friendly than ANZ where I was required to go into the branch which wasn’t convenient.

Overall however I can see this card getting cancelled once the bonus is received.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by paintini
I've had many years of KB waiving my Pt card fees and also those of my two children who are additional card holders off mine. As GE, I have no use for the lounge access but the kids use them a lot. Advantage of KB over ANZ; lounge passes are accessible from all card holders.

Needed to get my wife up in the CC status points and her ANZ Pt had lower rate, so applied for a new KP Pt using the AIR 300 promo code. She will get billed $75 but we'll cancel in under six months; net benefit $225. If I get low on CC lounge passes, we'll just move one of the kids to her card to vacuum up some passes as she's *G so also does not need the passes!
How do the kids get to use CC lounge pass, are they a physical pass? In this a specific benefit of being additional card holders off your KB card?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
How do the kids get to use CC lounge pass, are they a physical pass? In this a specific benefit of being additional card holders off your KB card?
Lounge e-vouchers can be used by any joint card holders with the Air NZ Airpoints Credit card.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Cheers sbiddle.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by ottiehund

I signed up under that deal, having never used Kiwibank before, but wanted a spare card after cancelling my Amex.
Spent the requisite $2000 in first few weeks but still haven’t received the bonus A$300 to my account. Sent the bank a secure message but so far that has gone unanswered.
I am also still waiting for my bonus, has been 5 weeks since I met the spend and paid it off. Hoping it will come through soon.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: NZ/QF/BA
Originally Posted by ottiehund
My A$300 was automatically applied on 10th May, same time as my usual monthly earn.
10 May 18 Airpoints Credit Card Kiwibank Airpoints Credit Card Bonus ... 0.00 ... 300.00
10 May 18 ... Airpoints Credit Card. Platinum - bonus earn for Air NZ spend ... 0.00 ... 0.45
10 May 18 ... Airpoints Credit Card Platinum - monthly earn ... 13.88 ... 37.02

Not sure if it's the same for all accounts or if yours is different. Maybe wait for the next cycle and see if it gets applied then.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: Airpoints, Qantas, KrisFlyer, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Lounge e-vouchers can be used by any joint card holders with the Air NZ Airpoints Credit card.
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Cheers sbiddle.
Yes, "joint" would also work, but in my situation "additional" card holders as that does not require financials on the [young adult] children. Kiwibank's Platinum Airpoints card allows this distribution feature but ANZ's Airpoints credit card does not. You just need to be mindful of travelling with your additional card holders when [your] GE gets all in, but still pings the additional card holder by removing a voucher. Koru staff can reverse the voucher debit.

Further, additional/joint card holders can access the joining fee/reduced yearly fee for Koru which we've done with our oldest who travels enough now to warrant their own lounge access [and the second checked bag]. You've just got to go through the manual process of renewing via the Koru service centre as they want to charge you the full renewal fee each year.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Originally Posted by yotty
I am also still waiting for my bonus, has been 5 weeks since I met the spend and paid it off. Hoping it will come through soon.
Mine came through this week, almost at the third billing cycle and quite separate from the routine SP and A$ credits. Maybe precipitated by my message to Kiwibank?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: Air NZ*GE
Just asked about this for mine, apparently they can send a request to ANZ but cant do it automatically?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by hodi
Just asked about this for mine, apparently they can send a request to ANZ but cant do it automatically?
What do ANZ have to do with this? They don't offer lounge vouchers on joint cards - it is only a feature of the Air NZ Airpoints card (which is issued by Kiwibank).
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:26 pm

What do ANZ have to do with this? They don't offer lounge vouchers on joint cards - it is only a feature of the Air NZ Airpoints card (which is issued by Kiwibank).
My bad miss read ANZ in the post, although asking the question got me the same result, ish!
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:40 pm

Does anyone perchance know how often the promotions come through? Thinking for switching form ANZ for a better earn rate and away from useless lounge vouchers as the only extra to the free valet vouchers of Westpac world or kiwibank top up ability.

Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hodi
Does anyone perchance know how often the promotions come through? Thinking for switching form ANZ for a better earn rate and away from useless lounge vouchers as the only extra to the free valet vouchers of Westpac world or kiwibank top up ability.

Thanks!
the kiwibank has the ability to share the lounge vouchers to the joint holder but I could never get them to waive the six month $75 fee
the westpac world card however does provide two valet parking and fully rebated fees (on $50k 6mths spends)
No lounge vouchers (anymore) but almost every other airnz voucher spend dependent free fee credit account by using the airnz above and beyond account
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
If I cancel my credit card, do I forfeit my current lounge vouchers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.