Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does NZ1 LAX Transit still suck?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by JayKiwi
Likewise - I get politely insistent that I am heading to an airline lounge that is right next to this security exit point, and that I do it routinely. They usually get the idea.
Is this the entry point right next to the lift on the ground floor? Who is actually supposed to be entitled to use it?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Is this the entry point right next to the lift on the ground floor? Who is actually supposed to be entitled to use it?
Yep. An amazing time saver at TBIT security for those who know, and it is closer to the A* lounge. Still beyond me why this was never used for NZ1/2 pax transit specifically, but that obviously won't matter from next Oct.

Re access: it is allegedly pax who are transferring to T4 etc from TBIT. They didn't used to have someone manning the entrance door, but do these days - when it isn't closed completely. You have to be persistent that you know exactly where you are going, and they usually let you through. You could even say you are going to the Polaris lounge via the inter-terminal connectors, and that would probably be acceptable to them I guess. They just don't want to let you through if you are heading to TBIT 'in general'. Again, trying to understand the psyche of TBIT pax management is beyond any of us.....
SeaProf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.