Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is priority pass worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: Priority Pass, Miles and More.
In North America it is certainly worth it to buy the prestige pass if you fly at least say 10 times a year, many great lounges like the Turkish airline lounge in Washington are included and they are really worth it ( perhaps even worth the regular price of 45 $ )

For Europe I cannot say the same, the lounges are very basic everywhere except on UK based airports, there are really few lounges in continental Europe which are even worth the 24 Euro fee for guests, in many cases there is no shower, no fresh food available and even the furniture and the available Wifi networks are the same as outside the lounge.

It is also noteworthy that they always charge 24 Euro fee per visit ( If one does not have the Privilege Pass ) and Guest, even if the lounge is open to the public and the general price is more like 10 Euro, so if one does not get the Privilege pass for free because of a credit card etc. it is not worth it in Europe, the decent lounges do not participate in the programme and there are better programmes available.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I am someone that does NOT enjoy waiting in most airport terminals yet likes to get to the airport with plenty of time. If I have one hour before boarding I will happily spend money on a lounge and so the priority pass has been worth it for me, as I have been flying with airlines I don't have lounge access for this year. There are so many factors as to what makes it worth it for someone or not that it's hard to say either way.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: NZ Silver
I got rid of my AMEX at least a year ago...I got an email from Priority Pass implying that my membership was still valid and upon logging in it says:

My Plan:

For details on your Priority Pass membership, please contact your card issuer.
Your membership refreshes 07 Apr 2020

Is it possible its still valid? Is there another way to check?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Priority pass

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I am someone that does NOT enjoy waiting in most airport terminals yet likes to get to the airport with plenty of time. If I have one hour before boarding I will happily spend money on a lounge and so the priority pass has been worth it for me, as I have been flying with airlines I don't have lounge access for this year. There are so many factors as to what makes it worth it for someone or not that it's hard to say either way.
It does not take much to make the card worthwhile when the card is free (from westpac) and you have unlimited usage
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:39 am

Membership

Originally Posted by brenrox
I got rid of my AMEX at least a year ago...I got an email from Priority Pass implying that my membership was still valid and upon logging in it says:

My Plan:

For details on your Priority Pass membership, please contact your card issuer.
Your membership refreshes 07 Apr 2020

Is it possible its still valid? Is there another way to check?
yes it is most likely you still have membership but most likely the plan you will be on will be charge per visit
try it once the reception will tell you the charge
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by Beano
yes it is most likely you still have membership but most likely the plan you will be on will be charge per visit
try it once the reception will tell you the charge
Thanks! I stumbled upon this shortly after posting suggesting the same https://thepointsguy.com/2017/04/pri...amex-platinum/
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: AirNZ G*, AirAsia Black
Originally Posted by sbiddle
There are no "vouchers" as such - your simply present your Amex card.
Correct: just show the AMEX card for access to the AMEX lounges, however for Priority Pass, unless the process has changed in the last 12 months you're required to:
1) Fill out the AMEX branded Priority Pass membership form (found on AMEX website, or via email to AMEX help desk),
2) Send it to Priority Pass,
3) Wait 6 ish weeks for a physical Priority Pass card to be sent to you and can be used immediately.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
I don't see a listing for Wellington.
The other lounges are only for International flights. No help for domestic flights. Koru Club is really aimed at domestic travelers.
I would sign up for a credit card that includes Priority Pass.
Have you not tried the bagel and chicken restaurant in the domestic Auckland airport. You can get $84 (with a partner) worth ?

Priority restaurants
Old Jan 11, 2024, 2:58 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I have a Westpac card linked to my NZ Airpoints account but also get a Priority Pass as part of the deal. I have partner cards and my kids have a card too which means they all get the PP card. I found it useful when flying low cost airlines within Europe, but generally my travel is on Star or oneWorld carriers so I qualify for their lounges.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by mcgma760
Correct: just show the AMEX card for access to the AMEX lounges, however for Priority Pass, unless the process has changed in the last 12 months you're required to:
1) Fill out the AMEX branded Priority Pass membership form (found on AMEX website, or via email to AMEX help desk),
2) Send it to Priority Pass,
3) Wait 6 ish weeks for a physical Priority Pass card to be sent to you and can be used immediately.
Beware - the Amex Airpoints Platinum 'Reserve' card (Which I think has been grandfathered - this is the older card that comes with a return domestic flight each year) is NOT eligible to use the Amex lounge in Sydney. I have been turned away when trying to use it. It does come with the Priority Plus membership with 2 free visits per year however.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by Conrad
Beware - the Amex Airpoints Platinum 'Reserve' card (Which I think has been grandfathered - this is the older card that comes with a return domestic flight each year) is NOT eligible to use the Amex lounge in Sydney. I have been turned away when trying to use it. It does come with the Priority Plus membership with 2 free visits per year however.
Yes that has caught me out before too.

I've used PP a few times (comes with the Amex card ... can't recall specifics but I think I get a couple of free visits as you say, and ability to take in a guest). I like it for what it is. Use it, for example, if going from Chch to Sydney on Emirates or Qantas instead of Air NZ as you can go into whatever the other lounge is in Chch international. Not amazing, but more than adequate.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 11:44 pm

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Have Westpac World Card comes with Priority Plus, have used in lots of random places (no extra charges) that do not have *A lounges, ie Phuket never been a problem, always able to take a guest. Real fan of thr Westpac Card as gives travel and hire car insurance so at the annual fee is great value and still earns air dollars with AIRNZ
Old Apr 16, 2024, 11:16 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Does anyone know if you can use the priority pass that comes with the Amex platinum card at the ugly Bagel shop at Auckland domestic. I tried to use it today and the waitress said my card wasn’t eligible to use it there.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Ellice
Does anyone know if you can use the priority pass that comes with the Amex platinum card at the ugly Bagel shop at Auckland domestic. I tried to use it today and the waitress said my card wasn’t eligible to use it there.
Doesn't look like it.

When logged out and searching, the "Eat" locations show up, but after logging in then the "Eat" ones disappear (at AKL and other airports).
Old Apr 16, 2024, 11:31 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
That's a bummer! Wonder why that is. In the past I was able to eat at the cafe at Sydney airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.