Wiki Posts
Search

A new Koru Lounge low.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANZ Gold
A new Koru Lounge low.

In the Wellington lounge and there is a guy walking around in Gumboots, black singlet and a shepherds hat.
... !!!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Is this surprising? It's not like New Zealand has a culture of dress codes.

Sure, it's not professional but unless he's dirty it's not impacting anyone else...
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I ended up at the LAX lounge really early on Sat for NZ1. It was amazing to see the dress standards change as NZers started arriving early evening.. you could spot they were NZers because so many had jandals on.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by dgwills
In the Wellington lounge and there is a guy walking around in Gumboots, black singlet and a shepherds hat.
... !!!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: NZ *G
I understand that this winds some people up, but don’t forget it’s mid-January and many non-corporate types are currently using Koru. I was in the Wellington lounge on Tuesday and it was far quieter than usual, so what’s the harm?

It’s a fair point re LAX though. I’ve noticed that (and on occasions contributed to it) too.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I ended up at the LAX lounge really early on Sat for NZ1. It was amazing to see the dress standards change as NZers started arriving early evening.. you could spot they were NZers because so many had jandals on.
Or you go in PE to somewhere like Brisbane and half the cabin is dress like there about to hit the beach including Jandal's, sitting right next to American dressed up

Have always wondered what NZ would do if you turned up to check-in wearing a singlet, boardies and jandals flying Business? Do they have an onboard dress code and is enforced. I know the lounge does have one, but never been in enforced.

Unlike an VA or QF lounge that has an sign reminding you how to dress for lounge access.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Or you go in PE to somewhere like Brisbane and half the cabin is dress like there about to hit the beach including Jandal's, sitting right next to American dressed up

Have always wondered what NZ would do if you turned up to check-in wearing a singlet, boardies and jandals flying Business? Do they have an onboard dress code and is enforced. I know the lounge does have one, but never been in enforced.

Unlike an VA or QF lounge that has an sign reminding you how to dress for lounge access.
BUt then QF give people PJs to wear on the plane.

Though on the topic how does what someone else is wearing tangibly effect you? How noisey, smell and Overflowing into other seats on the plane would be of far greater concern to me.

Last edited by nzkarit; Jan 18, 2018 at 2:12 am
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
ajnz and serfty like this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:09 am

Have always wondered what NZ would do if you turned up to check-in wearing a singlet, boardies and jandals flying Business?
Nothing. Shorts and jandals in particular are pretty normal for BP. It'd be surprising not to see at least a couple of pax ex NZ rocking this on all flights ex NZ.

I always laugh when maninstream media keep rehashing their same junk stories every 6 months telling you how to score a free flight upgrade and always list "dress like you deserve to be at the front" near the top. I'd go as far as almost saying their are more casually dressed pax in BP than there are in economy, in part because of no pyjamas so you either need to wear comfortable clothes for sleeping or take something to change into.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
I have no sartorial objection. I just don't understand why they don't freeze in the A/C or on the plane. Brrr!

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by jawnbc
I have no sartorial objection. I just don't understand why they don't freeze in the A/C or on the plane. Brrr!
It's impossible to freeze on a NZ plane long haul as they typically have the temperature cranked up so high. My flight back from LAX on the weekend was probably the only flight out of my last 10 or so longhaul with NZ in the past year where I have actually needed a blanket. I can never even sleep with a duvet in BP as it's always too hot.
Bub001 and graham_d like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum

Brisbane is really hot though at all times unless there’s a storm. I hate getting off the plane in pants and being sticky just getting to the car.

And I never want to go the way of Qantas. Ridiculous to deny entry to some ladies due to shoes that look great with a nice outfit because of a toe divider. I carry a separate pair of shoes due to this rule and I’ve seen others changing shoes outside the lounge too.

I think the rule seems to apply to the main hub lounges. International and regional I’ve not had issues.

If people have paid for their ticket or koru I don’t have an issue. I care more about people’s behavior than how they look.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:23 pm

Surprised you managed to tell one person apart from the crowd. Usually the lounges in WLG are chocka (especially on a Thursday evening). This has improved a lot since the introduction of the new regional lounge. I personally wouldn't have a problem with someone like described in the OP and clearly the lounge staff didn't either given that nothing happened. The Qantas example given above (with multiple pairs of shoes) is truly on the other extreme.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: Air NZ*GE
Doesn't bother me, I'm a jandals guys quite often.

Poor CHEESE ETIQUETTE however needs sorting, those who cant respect the Kikorangi cutting need their hands chopping off and to be for ever confined to the hold, or worse Jetstar...
samyoull likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by dgwills
... !!!
What were the other employees wearing?
kiwicyclo and davidrnz like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.