Community
Wiki Posts
Search

787 schedule changes/cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
So, noticed my inbound back from SYD, NZ108 on 4th March started acting up with my seat selection gone this past weekend, and overnight turned into "Operated by HiFly A340", decided to call and see what my options are...

For context below, it was sale fare, Class S Seat only that's booked sometime last year, for NZ$323 roundtrip, and applied an expiring Elite Short Haul RU on the return which confirmed instantly.

To cut a long story short:
- As mad-atta mentioned above, they are now running the HiFly A340s into March 8th, premium team confirmed that the "internal NZ prognosis is it'll most likely last till mid/late March to get all the RR engine issues sorted"
- Premium team was more than happy to change flights for me tonight, and even though the terms state rebooked flights has to have availability in same booking class (or fare difference apply), agent was more than happy to rebook me on AKL-MEL return on the more expensive "L", even "T" fare, saying "well still Economy" (reason being I originally quoted the equivalent "S" fare but on VA, and agent said "nah that's rubbish let me put you on NZ" despite it being a higher fare class.
New routing would've costed NZ$491... but absolutely NO fare difference or fee was charged.
- Even though my original Elite Short Haul RU would've expired, they happily re-lodged that for me and confirmed right away as well.

Definitely impressed and happy with the way they handled my booking.
Not sure if it's extended ONLY to Elite/Premium members, or I just got a very nice (and competent) agent.

FYI: also took 10mins to connect through tonight, the longest I've experienced in the past 12 months, and the agent confirmed they (Premium Team) have been flat out handling changes like this since end of last year.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I see the latest update shows AKL-SYD flights until 30th March and AKL-PER until the 28th March.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:40 am

I’ve noticed quite a few people saying the soft product was poor on HiFly operated services. Given Air NZ has said they will have their own staff onboard, how can this be? Is there reduced Air NZ staff onboard?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It's not NZ cabin crew and never has been. They're not type rated. A single NZ crew member is on each flight as an observer to assist any pax with queries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.