Wiki Posts
Search

CHC-AKL-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
CHC-AKL-LHR

We have a business ticket AKL-LHR in Business and have added on a CHC-AKL the CHC-AKL sector is booked in economy - but we have been able to reserve seats !A and !B.

Will we be eligible for the lounge in CHC does anyone know?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
AKL lounge most definitely but CHC strictly may depend on how you booked and are ticketed. Someone else may know more but personally I would try and show them you are connecting with internationl in J and I would be surprised if you were turned away.

As an aside 1A is quite cramped on the A320, if 2 A,B are available you may like to think about a switch and you will have a better window and view up to AKL. Just a personal opinion.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Down_the_back
We have a business ticket AKL-LHR in Business and have added on a CHC-AKL the CHC-AKL sector is booked in economy - but we have been able to reserve seats !A and !B.

Yes, see the linked document which states in the first note:

Any traveler on an Air New Zealand operated international Business Class flight, will receive Air New Zealand domestic lounge access if the New Zealand connection is part of the same booking.
http://www.airnztravelagent.com/site...e%20Access.pdf
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Down_the_back

My partner is fairly tall and although great leg room didn't like the A320 row 1 seats. Arm rest tray tables.

I personally like putting a bag in the overhead locker then handbag under the seat in front of me which you can't do in front rows.

The leg room in the frequent flyer seating on the A320 and also the exit rows is really generous. I'm around 5'7" so I'm fine down the back of the plane even but just something to consider.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
oops, I made a mistake above I meant to type "2 E/F" (not 2 A/B) - row 2 D/E/F on the A320 is the front row, and offers good leg room.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Average leg room, legs are not fully stretched because of bulk head, and narrower seat. I always opt for row 2 on plane left or row 3 on other side
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:43 pm

2 pics from my seat (2D) on todays flight to AKL will give an idea of leg room on the domestic A320. I like the feeling of space with no seat back in front of me and leg room is good. Disadvantage is no seat to put bags under, or legs under if you want to stretch them right out as correctly noted above.
Attached Images   

Last edited by ottiehund; Oct 8, 2017 at 5:44 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
The second photo sums this up perfectly, it needs 2-3 more inches to be comfortable if you're around 6' tall.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: NZ*G
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly

I personally like putting a bag in the overhead locker then handbag under the seat in front of me which you can't do in front rows.
It doesn't stop some people sitting in 1... from me behind in 2..
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
I tend to be able to tolerate a 1 hour and change flight seated anywhere in an A320, prior to 12hr plus to anywhere else!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
THANKS ALL - we have 1A & 1B assigned - row 2 has gone - so its just an hour. My main concern was the lounge in CHC - but Ive been assured by ANZ that we can use it - so less concerns about returning the car hire back and hanging round a regular lounge..
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
We were recently moved to 1B and 1C despite selecting my preferred 3D and 3E about 9 months before take-off. I found it really awkward during take-off and landing when the cabin crew were facing us in their jump seats.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by Beckett66
We were recently moved to 1B and 1C despite selecting my preferred 3D and 3E about 9 months before take-off. I found it really awkward during take-off and landing when the cabin crew were facing us in their jump seats.
This is my favourite part about flying the A320D - the chat with the FA's is aways great!
trooper likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I always opt for 1A if it's available. Only seat on the plane with an airbag!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I always opt for 1A if it's available. Only seat on the plane with an airbag!
really? The door doesn't bug you or get in the way of your feet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.