Wiki Posts
Search

Dunedin Koru Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Gold
Dunedin Koru Lounge

Heading out from DUD on Sunday mid morning, celebrating our anniversary and was wondering if the bar would be open for a glass of bubbly at that time. I heard it was a temporary lounge and given it is regional not sure what time the bar opened!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
I think bars open at 8am from memory. Nothing good ever happens from drinking bubbles before brekkie😀
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Just be careful if you are traveling with a guest . . . they have been turning away guests due to the maximum occupancy of 50 pax in the temporary lounge for fire egress reasons. They are reserving spaces for all current members / qualified booked on flights (whether you are using the lounge or not).
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Just be careful if you are traveling with a guest . . . they have been turning away guests due to the maximum occupancy of 50 pax in the temporary lounge for fire egress reasons. They are reserving spaces for all current members / qualified booked on flights (whether you are using the lounge or not).
This is particularly disappointing given that the temporary lounge is approximately half the size of the old one.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by codyc1515
This is particularly disappointing given that the temporary lounge is approximately half the size of the old one.
I don't expect much from any temporary lounge so I'm never disappointed😀. But I know they're always building something better so I'm always hopeful! I'll put up with the downgrade in order to build something better for the future.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Turning away paid Koru members yesterday. Not even a guest. One of my staff traveling with me was denied entry due to only keeping space for Gold and Gold Elite. I am totally OK with the no guest situation but when I pay for a membership and he does not get to use it that is a bit on the nose.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Turning away paid Koru members yesterday. Not even a guest. One of my staff traveling with me was denied entry due to only keeping space for Gold and Gold Elite. I am totally OK with the no guest situation but when I pay for a membership and he does not get to use it that is a bit on the nose.
You would have though it should have been around the other way? e.g. the wouldn't they be contracted to accommodate an paid member? were as someone getting free entry from being Gold has nothing to stand on legally.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Does anybody know when the new lounge is due to open? I'd heard "November" a while back.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:12 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Does anybody know when the new lounge is due to open? I'd heard "November" a while back.
I'm flying to DUD next week. I'll see if I can find out.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
You would have though it should have been around the other way? e.g. the wouldn't they be contracted to accommodate an paid member? were as someone getting free entry from being Gold has nothing to stand on legally.
Heck no! In a general sense within *A, why do tou think *G are allowed a guest whereas biz pax with no status have no guesting rights?

The 'cost' of gaining *G status is not 'free', but thousands of dollars of travel within the alliance.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Did they at least give you a voucher for a cafe or something?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Heck no! In a general sense within *A, why do tou think *G are allowed a guest whereas biz pax with no status have no guesting rights?

The 'cost' of gaining *G status is not 'free', but thousands of dollars of travel within the alliance.
But NZ's isn't selling Gold as an product, yet there selling Lounge Access via Koru. Which in DUD they are currently rejecting Koru Members from the Lounge.

For example the Koru Member has entered into an Contract with NZ when purchasing/renewing there membership to have Lounge Access. A Gold member has not entered into an contract as they have been gifted access.

NZ's T/C's don't seem to cover this case very well, and legally if you we're to take it up don't think NZ would win.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/koru-terms-conditions
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by brenrox
Did they at least give you a voucher for a cafe or something?
Yes they did . . 2 x 6$ . . it is not the issue really.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
But NZ's isn't selling Gold as an product, yet there selling Lounge Access via Koru. Which in DUD they are currently rejecting Koru Members from the Lounge.

For example the Koru Member has entered into an Contract with NZ when purchasing/renewing there membership to have Lounge Access. A Gold member has not entered into an contract as they have been gifted access.

NZ's T/C's don't seem to cover this case very well, and legally if you we're to take it up don't think NZ would win.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/koru-terms-conditions
I think you miss my point, Gold membership is not free and Gold members are not 'gifted' free access. It is a specific benefit of airline status gained through monetary spend.

In general terms, IMHO (NZ/*)Gold members rank above Koru members as far as NZ is concerned, which is consistent with the greater loyalty benefits Gold members enjoy over Koru.

If NZ has capacity limitations at a lounge, the T&C allow NZ to deny access to manage numbers. It follows that Koru members (low value customers - relative to G/GE) would be excluded first, before Gold and Gold Elite members (high value customers).

Should a Koru member feel unfairly treated, they have recourse to a number channels of complaint - but clause 17.1 appears to limit liability:

17.1 To the fullest extent permitted by law, Air New Zealand shall not be liable (in negligence, tort, breach of contract or otherwise) for any direct or indirect loss, or special or consequential loss, arising out of or in connection with:

Our variation of Koru Benefits from time to time;
Our variation to these Terms and Conditions from time to time;
The suspension to or termination of a Koru Member’s Koru Membership;
A Koru Member’s use of or ability (or inability) to access any Koru benefits;
Koru Member and Guest access to (or inability to access) and use any Air New Zealand Lounges or partner lounge

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Oct 20, 2017 at 4:52 am
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Was there last week and heading back next week. Looked almost done. All the interior looks finished and signage out the front is all done so can’t be long now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.