Search

Add-on legs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
Add-on legs

Hi there,

If you buy a AKL-PVG (or other Asian hub) return whilst the sale is on for a trip in 6 months time, can you then buy a PVG/hub - smaller town ticket in 4 months and combine them onto the same ticket and interline bags through? Or does it incur a change fee or will they not interline the bag through?

As long as * alliance obviously. And assuming enough connection time/same airport etc.

Same in theory for EZE and a S American port...

thank you all
H
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:35 am

I have not heard of this before (combining multiple tickets). I'd expect to be charged for a booking change. In general, I don't think NZ checks bags through on separate tickets (even on all NZ flights), except maybe if you are *Elite.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:12 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
You cannot combine tickets. If you try to change to add a further leg then you'll face a significant fare difference (sale fare no longer available) as well as change fees and probably a higher fare to the new destination than the originally booked destination (fares to destinations served by NZ are usually less than fares involving further flights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.