Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Lounge Experience

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Op here you https://www.quora.com/Why-does-the-U...e-12-hour-time

The Lounge attendant was actually showing helpful initiative IMO in adjusting the boarding pass to suit local customs.
On LAX-AKL wouldn't the predominate culture of people on board be that of New Zealand? And NZ has chosen 24 hour on their boarding passes given that?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: LH/G,KL/G,ABBA!
When you're in a hole, stop digging, eh ?

You expect the TBIT lounge guardians to decide - for each of the carriers they handle - hmm, 24h clock or 12h ???

Enough already.....I'm going away now to watch some paint dry...
jawnbc, trooper and sharmaintl like this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Because it changes boarding from being on time to a 12 hour delay in this instance. I doubt AirNZ would have been helpful if I had disappeared for 12 hours and showed up at 845 expecting to get on the plane.
Now that's just plain stupid!

The lounge attendant changed the time format, however, the flight DATE stayed the same!

Besides, if you want to be so pedantic about things, you should at least check the spelling of your posts...by your logic, we should all be scratching our heads wondering what an "Enxperince" was... :P
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Bub001
If any of your party have Diners Card, access is available to the KAL lounge. It is vastly inferior to the *A lounge, but is certainly far closer than the UA lounge. It has showers, wifi (not great), drinks and a very limited range of snacks.
The KAL lounge is also on Priority Pass if you have a credit card that comes with a membership. Diners Club, at least in the US, is likely going to be an uncommon card in general--not to mention that depending on your issuer, you may be allowed a certain number of free guests with PP (unlike DC).
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: NZ *G
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Because it changes boarding from being on time to a 12 hour delay in this instance. I doubt AirNZ would have been helpful if I had disappeared for 12 hours and showed up at 845 expecting to get on the plane.
[Y]ou'll note that they added a p to the end, signifying PM, i.e. the exact same time.

I'm honestly struggling to understand why [you] would find this offensive.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Sep 6, 2017 at 12:02 pm Reason: Edited by Moderator to comply with FT Rule 12: debate the topic, rather than personalizing the member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.