Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NZ5 remote stand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:47 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
I love TBIT, but I had a remote stand on Friday 7 July.

The bus departs from the remains of the old TBIT, which is a zoo. And of course they have no way to separate the status or Business Premier or even Premium Economy passengers.

So they don't call the flight in the lounge until all the Economy passengers at the (bus) gate have boarded. The pointy end and elite status passengers then feel as if they are boarding together, and aren't intended to notice that everyone else is already on board!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
LAX TBIT seems to have run out of space.

Good news is, change is coming. Nicely done video, BTW

"Welcome to the new LAX midfield concourse addition to TBIT"

Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Right now some gates are also out of action at TBIT due to the construction of the mid-field terminal. This does not help with remote gates. When I flew out a few days ago OS / CX / JAL were at remotes.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Right now some gates are also out of action at TBIT due to the construction of the mid-field terminal. This does not help with remote gates. When I flew out a few days ago OS / CX / JAL were at remotes.
When I included the video of the new TBIT midfield terminal in the post above yours, I should have added your point of the area being under construction. Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Any word on any *A airlines building a lounge in the satellite terminal or are they all happy with the single *A lounge? The video does mention lounges.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
It did mention that there would be some above the main level of the concourse, similar to what's already in TBIT "west". But no specifics. I would assume that the *A Lounge means most *A flights will remain in West. Just a guess, mind you.

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Any word on any *A airlines building a lounge in the satellite terminal or are they all happy with the single *A lounge? The video does mention lounges.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:46 pm

I like how they are building a new terminal to the West of the current terminal and they appear to be calling the current terminal West in the video.

Maybe with airline lounges if one alliance tries to get all their flights at mid field they will put their lounge there? Or maybe the alliances will pay more and get their flights at the main terminal and push the other airlines to mid field and the lounges will be non airline?

While speaking of LAX what is above the *A lounge there appears to be another floor yet couldn't see anything next to the lifts saying what was up there.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I think it's too early for them to know or LAX is in negotiations.

Originally Posted by nzkarit
I like how they are building a new terminal to the West of the current terminal and they appear to be calling the current terminal West in the video.

Maybe with airline lounges if one alliance tries to get all their flights at mid field they will put their lounge there? Or maybe the alliances will pay more and get their flights at the main terminal and push the other airlines to mid field and the lounges will be non airline?

Good points.

Speaking of seeing, I took these photos on departure about 2 months ago.

Attached Images   
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum One, United 1K 2MM
Remote Gate arrival this afternoon Saturday Aug 12th for NZ6. Every remote gate had an aircraft on it. We had to wait for Austrian to depart our's. We were already delayed 3.5 hours out of Auckland due to an issue with the a door and had another 20 minute on the ground at LAX waiting for Austrian to depart and free up our gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.