Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Which J seats for best views on AKL-BNE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Hello,

We have a 9:30 AM flight from AKL to BNE in Business on J. Not sure if it matters which are the best J seats for the views?

Not that it is super important but since I have to call Air NZ anyways for seat selection might as well grab the best side.

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I've never thought BNE skyline was worthwhile. But I was starboard side of the plane.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Apart from a few minutes at either end it all you will see is water.......
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Agree with this plus this flight is B777 and J seats are angled away from windows therefore difficult to see out windows
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Agreed - Windows seats on the Tasman aren't really worth it, you're better to take an seat near the front service wise than have an view of 3hours of water
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: NZ *G
I agree. Landing in Brisbane I've always enjoyed the view of the port from the A side seats, but most of the flight is always clouds and water.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:03 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
If you have to choose a seat anyway I'd choose A seats on the left side of the plane. You'll see a bit of NZ on the way out and you'll be first to see Oz coast line. On the return sometimes you may follow the NZ coastline down which I quite like.

Actually I think I always aim for the left side unless view wise there's a reason to fly right side (south island viewing return to AKL?).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.