Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flexitime fares

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: NZ*S
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I still don't understand why people use OLCI when there are absolutely no benefits whatsoever.

If you have a bag you still need to visit the kiosk and bag drop so gain nothing by checking in. If you don't have a bag you don't need to visit the kiosk or use OLCI as you can just turn up at the gate and scan your phone barcode. If you do visit Koru you're automatically checked in anyway.
Interesting question... which flight(s) does it check you in for if you have two bookings for flights departing at similar times due to a change of plans and not cancelling the original flight?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by SpannerSpinner
Interesting question... which flight(s) does it check you in for if you have two bookings for flights departing at similar times due to a change of plans and not cancelling the original flight?
Logically that would be the one you entered Koru on.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
I think he means if he checked in using ePass, which still actually works even though not explicitly advertised anymore. I'd assume the first flight but maybe it will go red or something and the agent at the koru lounge would have to manually check you in!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Last time I tried e-Pass to see if it worked I was told it had been disabled in the Koru machines. All the new kiosk's don't have NFC readers on the top and when I also last tried at WLG on one of the older machines that did have NFC it didn't work.

While I always used my phone for Koru if I was checking a bag I used to use NFC all the time on the kiosk as it was easier to open my wallet and touch the Airpoints card then what it was to often get my phone to scan on the kiosk.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Epass haven't been in use for over a year or so. But domestic there is no need to check in. I've even skipped Koru and straight into the plane.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
On the new machines the barcode on your airpoints card works at the kiosk. This may not be the case now, but this definitely worked for me less than six months ago at NPL. I also used NFC to enter the lounge at NPL as the lounge had an older machine at the time.

Keeping in mind, this was with the old onesmart card which mine hasn't actually been replaced yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.