Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Will NZ interline to SQ on separate tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: I want to be free! Free!

Have a bit of an odd one. Have an Air NZ ticket ZQN-AKL (booked via ua miles), and then AKL-SIN-XXX later the same day. Will have a couple checked bags. Will NZ interline over on the separate ticket?

Am considering just flying the night before to avoid any headaches if the ANZ flight is delayed, but wondering if i can avoid the baggage hassle if i fly same day.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Based on previous comments on here unless you're a NZ HVC the answer is likely to be no.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Based on previous comments on here unless you're a NZ HVC the answer is likely to be no.
got it - thanks much
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:06 pm

It's unfortunately a question that I don't think can be easily answered. NZ can do it, but for many reasons choose not to for everybody by default. If you find an agent and are nice to them you simply never know your luck.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Related question - will ANZ provide any IRROPs protection or interlining for two separate tickets on ANZ/ANZ. I'm thinking about booking RAR-AKL (arrives at 4:30 pm) to supplement my already booked AKL-LAX (deparating at 9:50 pm)
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by ac737
Related question - will ANZ provide any IRROPs protection or interlining for two separate tickets on ANZ/ANZ. I'm thinking about booking RAR-AKL (arrives at 4:30 pm) to supplement my already booked AKL-LAX (deparating at 9:50 pm)
Simple answer - no.

They may interline bags for NZ Elite and may look after Elite pax if there was a disrupt. In both cases that's a very big "may".
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by ac737
Had similar problem but AKL to SYD then SYD to RAR on separate tickets and not a problem to through check from AKL to RAR, was Gold at time so maybe that made difference.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by wayoutwest

Had similar problem but AKL to SYD then SYD to RAR on separate tickets and not a problem to through check from AKL to RAR, was Gold at time so maybe that made difference.
Interlining bags was only a part of the question. The important part (that wasn’t tested) was being looked after (or not) in an IRROPS situation - say your first sector was too late for some reason and missed the second.

I suspect you’d have no recourse apart from travel insurance.

Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

Interlining bags was only a part of the question. The important part (that wasn’t tested) was being looked after (or not) in an IRROPS situation - say your first sector was too late for some reason and missed the second.

I suspect you’d have no recourse apart from travel insurance.

Thanks for the perspectives everyone! And I don't think any travel insurance providers will protect on separate tickets so think it'll be purely risky for me
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
What I did recently to de-risk this was to buy a refundable fare for the second journey. Of course, I paid much more than I prefer to do this. The idea being that if my first outbound was delayed, I could cancel the second journey prior to starting first - as late as boarding the first flight.

THAI were happy to interline my bag on 2 separate tickets; BKK-AKL (TG) then AKL-BNE (NZ). It all worked out fine, and gave me an extra afternoon/evening that I was seeking on the second journey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.