Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

AirNZ - lounge passes has to be accompany the account holder?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Silver (2012), AirNZ Jade

Someone has a ANZ Platinum card and has a load of complimentary lounge passes. The account holder must be there with the guest right? They cannot be given to other single travellers?

Just looking for a confirmation after a unsuccessful google search.

Cheers ..
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:41 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I assume you're really asking "can I gift passes?", the answer of which is no.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Silver (2012), AirNZ Jade
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I assume you're really asking "can I gift passes?", the answer of which is no.
Thanks for that . Also if he chooses to travel with his wife or a friend, can they both be admitted in the lounge? They are both Jade members, he just happens to have a ANZ Plat credit card with the free passes.

Answered my own question:
Please note - only children under 2 years of age may accompany the guest on a complimentary basis.
That means no right unless they are under 2yrs of age. Or does that mean a young child can accompany the guest the cardholder has brought with him/her, or should that be a young child can accompany the guest - where the guest means the complimentary visitor (cardholder).

Last edited by rayonline; Jul 24, 2016 at 1:36 am
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:43 am

I believe if the account holder has an additional card holder that additional person can use them, I get emails like that for kiwibank vouchers.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by brend
I believe if the account holder has an additional card holder that additional person can use them, I get emails like that for kiwibank vouchers.
Yes any additional card holder can use the vouchers- my wife and daughter are additional card holders- my daughter uses them when she travels on NZ.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: NZ Gold (*G)
Joint or additional card holders can also use the lounge passes as long as they have an Airpoints account. The lounge passes will be displayed in the myairnz accounts of all cardholders linked to the credit card account.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:34 pm

I believe the pass rules for additional card holders is exclusive to the Air NZ Airpoints card (Kiwibank) and not an offer applicable to the other banks.

Each has slightly different offers available.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:39 pm

I stand corrected, it looks like this has changed now.

For ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum and Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum MasterCard:
Cardholders will receive two complimentary single entry Air New Zealand Lounge passes for every $20,000 spent in each year. A year is based on a 12 month period from the date a card is issued.

The passes (also called eVouchers) will be loaded onto your Airpoints account - so make sure that you use your Airpoints number when booking your flight. You can use your lounge passes to access domestic and international Air New Zealand branded and operated lounges. They can only be used on the day, and at the airport that your flight is departing from. You must be travelling on an Air New Zealand operated Flight or an eligible Alliance* Flight (see the Airpoints Terms and Conditions).

When you use one of your passes to access an Air New Zealand Lounge, you’ll need to present your Airpoints credit card, boarding pass or your Airpoints membership card which will enable our system to automatically recognise you are entitled to access the Lounge. Access to the Lounge is subject to space being available at the time of visit.

You can use both passes yourself or use one for yourself and the other one to take one guest into the Lounge with you. Your guest must accompany you while using the Lounge. Even if you have Koru membership, or have lounge access through other means, these passes may come in handy for extra guests. Your Lounge passes will expire 12 months from the date that they are issued.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:27 pm

For the Kiwibank Airpoints Platinum card, it it 2 passes for every $20,000, or can you only get it once?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwiwings
For the Kiwibank Airpoints Platinum card, it it 2 passes for every $20,000, or can you only get it once?
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airpoints-direct-earn-credit-card-comparison-table
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:17 pm

you get 2 every time you spend $20k, I have 10 at the moment. My daughter uses them when she travels as wife and i have *G status so are no use to us unless we are travelling with more than our allowable guest allowance.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by brucelee
you get 2 every time you spend $20k, I have 10 at the moment. My daughter uses them when she travels as wife and i have *G status so are no use to us unless we are travelling with more than our allowable guest allowance.
Do you have the ANZ or the Kiwibank card?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:12 pm

Do you have the ANZ or the Kiwibank card?
Kiwibank
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:13 pm

Air NZ are onto an absolute cash cow with these passes. They sell them to the banks who then pass them on yet it's clear lots go unused.

It'd be nice if a bank could negotiate parking vouchers instead to actually benefit customers - I wonder if the banks realise they're effectively being ripped off by Air NZ?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:16 pm

Can the passes be used at partner lounges, or is it strictly Air New Zealand lounges only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.