Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange Air NZ booking experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Strange Air NZ booking experience

Just booked a CHC to AKL flight on Air NZ from the US.

Both Orbitz and Air NZ sites quoted 160 for every flight on my day, which I assumed to be in USD.

Skyscanner had many booking options, and I chose a flight and clicked on the Air NZ link. That took me to a Air NZ page with a wide range of flights and prices. I chose one at 130. At check out, I found out it was NZD130, or USD94.

It seems like there are multiple Air NZ sites? Or does going through Skyscanner would end up with better deals?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:55 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
This is most likely due to POS (Point Of Sale) causing different fare availability. Airlines often provide lower fares or more availability in lower fare buckets in some countries (often their own domestic market) and not in others (often their main tourist markets).

Booking through the domestic website or a domestic travel agent can lead to lower prices.

This is quite common across the industry and is not NZ/NZ (airline and country) specific.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 5:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The cheaper booking classes for domestic flights are not sold outside NZ on the Air NZ website. I.e. just use airnz.co.nz for any domestic flights to get the best fares.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Flights booked outside NZ will also be seat+bag for domestic and works for seats2suit for international routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.