Search

Air NZ -> Sounds Air connection time

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Air NZ -> Sounds Air connection time

Hi

heading to Picton, from Auckland.
Sounds air departs at 1230, air NZ have a flight landing in Wellington at 1150 (NZ421). Will that work for a connection? The next option is 1 hour prior and I would really rather the sleep in!!

Never done sounds air before..

Cheers

Matt

Last edited by NZSportsTech; Oct 13, 2015 at 5:42 am Reason: added : in Wellington
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Get up early
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by NZSportsTech
Hi

heading to Picton, from Auckland.
Sounds air departs at 1230, air NZ have a flight landing in Wellington at 1150 (NZ421). Will that work for a connection? The next option is 1 hour prior and I would really rather the sleep in!!

Never done sounds air before..

Cheers

Matt
Should be no probs.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Do you have check in luggage?
If so then it could be a little tight as WLG domestic can take up to 15 minutes for the bags to finish but SA check in counter is essentially at the gate and IIRC is 15 minute before departure, as long as someone is there because they also load the plane.....
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Stupidly risky if you ask me, especially if the preceding flight is only an hour earlier. You'd probably get away with it but you just have no margin for error - and it's not worth it for a flight that leaves at 10.50 rather than 9.50. It's hardly a crack of dawn affair!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I've taken the early option.

Only worried about the sleep in as I won't finish work untill the wee hours that morning so every bit counts!

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.