Wiki Posts
Search

Transfering Airpoints Possible?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
Transfering Airpoints Possible?

This is my first posting on here.. so treat me well :-)

I have a trip coming up to AKL->SFO->HNL->AKL early next year and I want to make the best of my Airpoints/Other Points.

I have paid everything via My BNZ GPP Card and getting Points via that and then getting points in January when I go.

I am staying in SFO for a number of days before I go to HNL and I'm trying to get the best benefit of the $$ I'm spending on the Hotel. The Hotel will most likely be a Marriott Hotel (The Ritz Carlton).

The Marriott points system says you can transfer the points to various other airlines but AirNZ is not listed. The AirNZ website says there is no way of transferring points from/to any other Airpoints system.

BUT.. if I transfer the points to another Airline which is a member of Star-Alliance Airpoint system can I use those points with AirNZ for booking flights?

Can you book a single flight say with X Points from 1 Star-Alliance Airpoints system and Y Points via AirNZ's Points?

Any Ideas?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
To earn points on another Star Alliance carrier you would have to firstly be a member of their program. You could then use those points to book reward flights on Air NZ, however the earn rate you'd get from such a booking are unlikely to be anywhere near the level that you would require to book a reward booking on Air NZ.

You would need to book a whole flight using a Star Alliance reward, there is no ability to only part pay for a flight as the seat would be reward inventory that was dependant on availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.