Wiki Posts
Search

AKL Premium Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

AKL Premium Check-in

Hey all,

We have flights WLG > AKL > HNL in Y on one itinerary coming up and would like to know if we can use the Premium Check-in facilities in Auckland if we have already received our boarding pass and have our bags checked through to Honolulu from Wellington. The idea being to utilize the premium immigration desk. We are both *G. Has anyone done this before?

Cheers
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by ttravelator
Hey all,

We have flights WLG > AKL > HNL in Y on one itinerary coming up and would like to know if we can use the Premium Check-in facilities in Auckland if we have already received our boarding pass and have our bags checked through to Honolulu from Wellington. The idea being to utilize the premium immigration desk. We are both *G. Has anyone done this before?

Cheers
no problem. When checking in at wellington pick up a couple of departure cards and fill them out on your flight up. When you get to the international terminal just wonder on in and call the lift. I have been stopped when doing this but I always have my *G card in hand and my boarding pass at the ready.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I've always found it quicker to go through 'normal' immigration. Quite often there is only one immigration officer present so I've had to wait a bit. Much quicker using Smartgate IMO.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Nice. Thanks for that, much appreciated.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
I've always found it quicker to go through 'normal' immigration. Quite often there is only one immigration officer present so I've had to wait a bit. Much quicker using Smartgate IMO.
The advantage I find with the premium immigration line is that there's usually a dedicated security line too.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Where's the premium security line?

Every time I've gone through (including about 3 weeks ago) I just get 'funnelled' into the main security screening area. Possibly might be a time of day thing perhaps?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I always use the premium lift when transferring from Wellington. There aren't normally any time saving at immigration as smart gate is pretty quick, but you do get to jump to the front of the security screening which can normally save a few minutes.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by ANZ787900
The advantage I find with the premium immigration line is that there's usually a dedicated security line too.
I wouldn't say dedicated but you may get to join the line ahead of the main line coming from the main immigration channel.

depending on flights I have never really struck too much of a line and when I have its usually an indication that the main lines would be busy enough also.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
I wouldn't say dedicated but you may get to join the line ahead of the main line coming from the main immigration channel.
Well it's as close as a dedicated security line.. It certainly felt like it last weekend as you queue at the first screening point on the right; whereas everyone else goes to a queue to be separated into other lanes.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
No one weighs your carry on if you use the premium checkin lift.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Yeah me too: expedited migration then cattle queue for security.

Originally Posted by LyingFlat
Where's the premium security line?

Every time I've gone through (including about 3 weeks ago) I just get 'funnelled' into the main security screening area. Possibly might be a time of day thing perhaps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.