Search

New World Airpoints/Flybuys Clubcard

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G

http://www.newworld.co.nz/clubcard/

New World has launched a new loyalty card which can replace your existing Airpoints or Flybuys card.

But do we really need another card? So to access all the Airpoints benefits you will need 1) Onesmart card, 2) Star Alliance Gold Lounge card, and 3) New World Clubcard.

Three cards? Really?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL, UA
I understand it a bit differently.....this card means for NW only you now have a choice of 3 cards....
But every other flybuys retailer it is either Flybuys or Airpoints. The new card NW is offering simply adds a new feature enabling your earned fb or ap to be converted to dollars you can spend exclusively in a nw. If you kept using your existing fb or ap card, you don't get this option....

If you're an existing nw shopper using your fb or ap card, unless you have a lot of groceries you buy where converting "just" nw points earned into nw spendable dollars would make sense, then surely you will just keep the card you are already using. That is what I am going to do.

This is probably more to compete with the new onecard visa Countdown have brought through....and nw have the additional complicating factor of already having a two-pronged loyalty scheme rather than Countdowns single one.

Confusing yes....but for me I would never get enough benefit from converting just nw earned points to nw spendable dollars so I will keep collecting airpoints as a more overall strategy.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The main focus of this card is to be a NW loyalty card, much like the Countdown OneCard. Flybuys isn't a loyalty card for NW specifically - it's simply letting you earn points at NW, and there is a lot of things that NW can't do with the card.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Apparently useless for me (or those in the North), because on their site (current as of time of posting this):

Shopping at New World just got more rewarding.

Great news! Now there’s a single card that lets you enjoy instant discounts in-store with exclusive Club Deals, collect Fly Buys points or earn Airpoints Dollars™, and turn your Fly Buys points or Airpoints Dollars into New World Dollars to be used as a form of payment in-store.

It’s called New World Clubcard and it’s currently exclusive to New World South Island stores
What's wrong with the North Island?
Or perhaps the South feels they need to belong to an even more exclusive grocery club?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold

My understanding is that it's being rolled out in the South Island first, rather than the South Island exclusively.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Foodstuffs are two different companies - South Island and North Island (used to be 3 with South Island, Auckland and Wellington until they merged last year). These are all run independently and have different POS systems, backend systems and specials etc.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Kamadan
Apparently useless for me (or those in the North), because on their site (current as of time of posting this):

What's wrong with the North Island?
Or perhaps the South feels they need to belong to an even more exclusive grocery club?
Do you really want us to answer the first question
And yes to the second, we are exclusive (or we should be). We very exclusive food club - everything costs more, veges not as fresh as NI, meat way dearer, yes we very exclusive, but not in a good way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.