Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meals on SFO - AKL in economy class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Meals on SFO - AKL in economy class

apologies if this is listed somewhere else, but I did not see it in any other threads and could not find the info on the air NZ website.

I'm wondering about the meals served in Economy on the flights from SFO - AKL (and also on the return flight). This is on the 747 aircraft. The flight out is listed as 13 hours and return flight is 12 hours so I am guessing there are two meals, a "dinner" type meal shortly after takeoff and a "breakfast" type meal shortly before landing. Can anyone confirm? Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Originally Posted by atjsfo
The flight out is listed as 13 hours and return flight is 12 hours so I am guessing there are two meals, a "dinner" type meal shortly after takeoff and a "breakfast" type meal shortly before landing.
Yes, you guess correctly. Dinner and then a breakfast in both directions.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NZ*Trout
Yes, you guess correctly. Dinner and then a breakfast in both directions.
Thanks so much!
Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
This all depends on if the flight runs to schedule. If it's delayed until the following morning (not that unlikely really, if you saw what happened to NZ services the week before Christmas), there's a chance you'll get lunch and dinner instead. It seems like they're flexible enough to match the meal with the times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.