Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amenities Kit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Amenities Kit

Hi everyone----Could someone tell me please if they are still giving out amenities kits in Business Premier (NZ1)?
I seem to recall that the first time we travelled we were given little pouches with zips,the second time,we had to ask for items individually and last time we flew it was a cardboard box.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: VS
Last time I did this flight (Nov 12) the kits were on our seats in a kind of fabric pouch, never had to ask for them. This was on the LHR - LAX leg.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
When I last flew in 763 Business and 777 PE in May they were both in the same fabric pouch. The only difference was the branding on the lip balm etc that was inside.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho
Last time I did this flight (Nov 12) the kits were on our seats in a kind of fabric pouch, never had to ask for them. This was on the LHR - LAX leg.
Yes. Soft pouches.
They really have got very poor now. Nothing of any quality in them and way below the standard of other airlines.
My last flight a few weeks ago had Clarins products in them not the excellent La Praire products of the past.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 4:30 am

Programs: NZ, QF
i remember that a few years ago the BP amenity bag was a nice drawstring bag with a Air NZ logo on it. Very durable and i'm still using one as my wash bag when i travel
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your replies.I much prefer a bag/pouch to those boxes.I have a couple of green zipped pouches from when I flew AirNZ first some years back.I use them as make up bags.
Can someone also tell me please if it is true that you can now access the general terminal in LA and the Business Lounge without hassle when in transit?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Traval
Can someone also tell me please if it is true that you can now access the general terminal in LA and the Business Lounge without hassle when in transit?
Yes, for those travelling through on NZ2 and NZ1 only of course.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Oh,that's good.It'll be a lot better being able to use the AirNZ lounge rather than the very basic transit one.Hope the ladies' loos are an improvement too.Thank you
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by Traval
Oh,that's good.It'll be a lot better being able to use the AirNZ lounge rather than the very basic transit one.Hope the ladies' loos are an improvement too.Thank you
Lounge is really packed these days. Not really very enjoyable as it is a zoo.
Still a NZ S.Blanc is nice.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 5:39 pm

As bad as NZ amenity kits are it could be worse. On SQ C/J you only get socks. No lip balm, no ear plugs, no pen etc...granted some of these are available on request (not sure about the lip balm). Pretty skint considering SQ Business prices are quite high and discounts are small (if any).

I found SQ Y class zip ones are quite useful for storing foreign currencies.

I like the old NZ drawstring pouches and still have a few of them.

However I found a use for the new less ornate white fabric pouches.
- They make great pouches for storing my 7" tablet
Old Oct 5, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Yes. Soft pouches.
They really have got very poor now. Nothing of any quality in them and way below the standard of other airlines.
My last flight a few weeks ago had Clarins products in them not the excellent La Praire products of the past.
Was on NZ1 last night. Agree quality has deteriorated and certainly lower than QF. Packs contained Clarins products

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.