Wiki Posts
Search

AKL to SLC via LAX - Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ EP
AKL to SLC via LAX - Lounge access

so, thinking of hitting the North American snow this coming nz summer...question is, if I head through to Salt Lake City (or other US destination still to be confirmed) via LAX with NZ:

1. Can I dwell in the Koru Lounge in LAX during my layover if connection is with UA?

2. If not UA, will I have access to the Koru Lounge if flying another Star Alliance carrier (probably only with AC or US)? Option only taken if I choose to buy the connection direct from that carrier (for the right $$).

I am only Koru not Gold. Surely if ticketed with NZ (Option 1), then O.K?

Cheers
GFL
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:54 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Gasfoodlodging
so, thinking of hitting the North American snow this coming nz summer...question is, if I head through to Salt Lake City (or other US destination still to be confirmed) via LAX with NZ:

1. Can I dwell in the Koru Lounge in LAX during my layover if connection is with UA?

2. If not UA, will I have access to the Koru Lounge if flying another Star Alliance carrier (probably only with AC or US)? Option only taken if I choose to buy the connection direct from that carrier (for the right $$).

I am only Koru not Gold. Surely if ticketed with NZ (Option 1), then O.K?

Cheers
GFL
1. & 2. Both No. It's an International departure lounge.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:18 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Given UA and US operate from different terminals, if you have boarding passes for either of those airlines, security at LAX T2 wont let you get near the NZ lounge.

If you fly AC you will be at T2, so you could try the NZ lounge, but I wouldn't count on gaining entry as Koru flying on AC.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WLG Base
1. & 2. Both No. It's an International departure lounge.
ah yes, of course. Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by libertyuk
If you fly AC you will be at T2, so you could try the NZ lounge, but I wouldn't count on gaining entry as Koru flying on AC.
I'm trying to figure out how one can fly on AC between LAX and SLC without taking a long (and expensive!) detour via Canada...

But anyway, NZ is moving to TBIT by year end so they won't be in T2 for much longer.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bzcat
I'm trying to figure out how one can fly on AC between LAX and SLC without taking a long (and expensive!) detour via Canada...

But anyway, NZ is moving to TBIT by year end so they won't be in T2 for much longer.
touche.

I mistook AC4317 for an AC bird... but it's just a United codeshare. Was just looking to avoid United.

Early days for booking, so still may end up through Vancouver or San Fran....who knows...plenty of options...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.