Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ Status points on Star Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ *Gold, Accor Gold, QF bronze

I have a trip to / from Bangkok coming up on Thai, and am planning to book in W class which doesn't give APD (the next fare class up which does is about $250 more). I am wondering if I can get status credits on this fare? Its not clear on the Air NZ web-site. Am not worried about missing the measly number of APD but the status credits are a lot more important
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:54 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mark62
I have a trip to / from Bangkok coming up on Thai, and am planning to book in W class which doesn't give APD (the next fare class up which does is about $250 more). I am wondering if I can get status credits on this fare? Its not clear on the Air NZ web-site. Am not worried about missing the measly number of APD but the status credits are a lot more important
Earning Airpoints Dollars and Status Points on Partner Airline
Refer to Clause 1.3 of Terms & Conditions

T&C

TG Booking Classes

Partner APD Earn Chart

Status Points
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks, after delving into the T&C it appears unfortunately the answer is "no"
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It almost always is for those cheap fares.....
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mark62
Thanks, after delving into the T&C it appears unfortunately the answer is "no"
Time to look for another Star Alliance ffp, like some other Air NZ travellers ??
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold

While you may want to look at other programmes, I'm not aware of any (other than perhaps Thai's own programme) which will credit a W class fare. A3 and TK certainly don't, and A3 are one of the more generous when it comes to Thai mileage.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Even on THAI's own ROP FF programme, V and W fare earn only 25% mileage:

V/ W Class - 25% of actual miles flown (from 01 June 2013 onwards)
http://www.thaiairways.com/frequent-...e-airlines.htm

And no APD will be earned at all on a W fare:
Note: Travel outside of Thailand in booking classes G, V, W is ineligible to earn Airpoints Dollars.
Note to: http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/star-...-international

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jul 27, 2013 at 3:15 pm
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I wasn't worried about the APD, like I said a measly amount even on the fares that earn them. Was more concerned about the status points which I pretty much need to tip me into Gold again for another year.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 2:20 am

Hi - can anyone tell me how you know your Class of ticket before you pay at booking
I have just completed a AKL-HKK-FRA-KBP return with Lufthansa and have just found out my wife and I get 0 Air points as we were on a Class L. Which doesn't even exist on Lufthansa "Class category" list.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:16 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Resurrecting this thread to ask a related question.

If I want to book an economy fare code that would be eligible for miles on a *A partner FF program, how do I go about doing that on the website?

All I see now is the cheapest economy fare with no option for more flexible economy choices that would inevitably bring me into the fare code range I am looking for.

Thanks for any tips.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Find out the cheapest economy fare code that will earn on the *A partner and then call NZ and ask to specifically book into that fare code. They will try and charge you a service fee for booking via the phone, but insist that they don't charge that as you cannot book what you want online and therefore have no option but to call and book. They should then waive the service fee.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
OK so I wasn't going crazy, there isn't a way to do it online.

Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Find out the cheapest economy fare code that will earn on the *A partner and then call NZ and ask to specifically book into that fare code. They will try and charge you a service fee for booking via the phone, but insist that they don't charge that as you cannot book what you want online and therefore have no option but to call and book. They should then waive the service fee.
Not being able to book something online is no longer an automatic exemption for paying a phone booking fee. While this appeared to be policy in the past it is no longer the case and YMMV will vary using this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.