Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

21 Hr Connection in AKL (DUD-AKL-LAX): Will bags be checked thru or come off in AKL??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

21 Hr Connection in AKL (DUD-AKL-LAX): Will bags be checked thru or come off in AKL??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2013, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying from Dunedin-Auckland-Los Angeles, and have a 21 hour connection in AKL. Will I be able to pick up my bags in Auckland or are they checked all the way through to LAX?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:56 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Mr. S
I'm flying from Dunedin-Auckland-Los Angeles, and have a 21 hour connection in AKL. Will I be able to pick up my bags in Auckland or are they checked all the way through to LAX?
It would really depend what you want to happen to your bags. If you want to check them right through you should be able to do so, likewise if you want to pick them up check in should be able to ticket them to Auckland. You will however then need to join the queue at Auckland to go through the check in process.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
Recently did dud-akl-hnl with overnight connection n check in staff insisted that we had to pick up our bags in akl trying to tell me that our tickets were only to akl even tho the booking was on one ticket,argued the point until I just gave up and ended up picking our bags up in akl and rechecking them the next day
Old Sep 21, 2013, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Mr. S
It all depends on what you ask them to do at check in. So many people have problems traveling because they don't communicate with ground staff and expect the airline to do everything they want.

If your travel is all on one ticket and the layover is less the 24 hours they will automatically check it all the way through so just ask them to only check it to auckland but make sure they know you will re-check in again in auckland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.