Wiki Posts
Search

Koru Hour Cheese Cuts

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Koru Hour Cheese Cuts

A few years ago the Koru hour cheese plate consisted of three crackers, two large pieces of cheese and some grapes.

In 2009, the three crackers suddenly became just two crackers, although Air NZ spun it as being just temporary to the NBR - http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/air-new...er-gate-116255.

Then about a year ago, the grapes vanished.

And last night, flying back to AKL I noticed that one of the cheese slices has now been cut in two. No doubt cutting the camembert in half will save a fortune.

Perhaps Air NZ are learning from the airline that cut an olive from every meal?

What will be cut next?
Old May 24, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: Airnz Elite
cuts

Originally Posted by Trumpkin
A few years ago the Koru hour cheese plate consisted of three crackers, two large pieces of cheese and some grapes.

In 2009, the three crackers suddenly became just two crackers, although Air NZ spun it as being just temporary to the NBR - http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/air-new...er-gate-116255.

And last night, flying back to AKL I noticed that one of the cheese slices has now been cut in two. No doubt cutting the camembert in half will save a fortune.

What will be cut next?
Maybe they observed that the passengers did not eat the other cracker ,grapes and cheese and it was mostly wasted
Old May 24, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum

What will be cut next?
We might get 1 cracker?

Often in BP they serve a mountain of cheese with just the 2 crackers...a la Koru Hour. Never a problem to get more but I often wonder about wasted time walking back from 7A to the galley.
Old May 25, 2013, 12:28 am

Programs: NZ Silver
My previous koru hour flight they only had the single triangle piece....at least they haven't cut the grog...yet
Old May 25, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints SILVER, KC
Originally Posted by brenrox
My previous koru hour flight they only had the single triangle piece....at least they haven't cut the grog...yet
I imagine that won't be far off!
Old May 25, 2013, 1:44 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by FullyIntoNewZealand
I imagine that won't be far off!
or they begin to charge extra...
Old May 25, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints SILVER, KC
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
or they begin to charge extra...
That sounds more like it! :-)
Old May 25, 2013, 3:04 am

Talking about cheeses on my last visit to the AKL lounge I noticed the cheese has been downgraded to cheese slices. Not sure if this is the decision is by AirNZ or the catering contractor SkyCity, or maybe AirNZ cutting cost and the cheese gets it.

At least ex SYD, superior cheeses can be found at the *A SQ lounge.
Old May 25, 2013, 3:28 am
Original Poster

The usual cheeses were in the WLG lounge on Friday, just the same as they have been for years.
Old May 25, 2013, 3:50 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by poopbunny
Talking about cheeses on my last visit to the AKL lounge I noticed the cheese has been downgraded to cheese slices. Not sure if this is the decision is by AirNZ or the catering contractor SkyCity, or maybe AirNZ cutting cost and the cheese gets it.

At least ex SYD, superior cheeses can be found at the *A SQ lounge.
my preference is the cut cheese. I have better things (drink) in the koru lounge than cut my own cheese. fits nicely onto one cracker..!
Old May 28, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Grog cut last night AKL-CHC NZ543

No grog as the inflight manager said he was international and did not have a bar managers license!
Old May 29, 2013, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi_FF
No grog as the inflight manager said he was international and did not have a bar managers license!
This happens normally when they use an international A320 on a domestic route. However it means you get to use the IFE although you need your own headphones.
Old May 29, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: Airnz Elite
international a320

This happens normally when they use an international A320 on a sodomestic route. However it means you get to use the IFE although you need your own headphones.
Can you tell in advance that the a320 will be international ?
Will then pack my headset
Old May 29, 2013, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mapnz
Can you tell in advance that the a320 will be international ?
Will then pack my headset
So far it seems to be at random with no obvious pattern.
Old May 29, 2013, 4:15 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
My advice, always carry headphones...look out for TT crew at airport and say woohoo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.