Wiki Posts
Search

transtasman business class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
transtasman business class

Recently flew on. 777-300 akl-mel and in business class (aka business premier). After the meal I and others I was travelling with were a bit peckish, tried to order a snack through the ife and couldn't. It suggested I ask the cabin crew for what selections were on offer. She advised nothing....no snacks available.

Does it strike anyone else as odd that econony pax can order (and pay for I know) snacks while flying but in J you cannot? Even if I wanted to pay for some snacks they don't even allow you this option...

Indeed the cabin crew thought the issue was widespread and not good and recommended I complain to myvoice as she said "crew have asked for mid flight snacks to be put back for the business cabin but they don't listen to us!".
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Find it rather weird that they don't want to you spend more money with them on snack, unless they had a problem where the J passengers have brought out all the snacks before Y has had a chance.

Personally I think they should have a small collect of free snacks for Business Class on the Tasman.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
I normally travel Business Class TT if there is one. Even though the food is mediocre (mains pretty bad, the breads are OK, the icecream is great, wines great) I usually have plenty to eat and don't want any more. However I think that if someone wants a snack they should be able to have one.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:40 pm

For quite along while the J menu showed Speights Gold as a drink available. Every time I asked I got the we don't have that in business - look at menu I would say. They looked and eventually after a bit of discussion would wander down the back and get a couple of cans.
Bit like the snack issue, why can we not have a nice Speights - as after all some of us may be in J but part of us in in economy as they have Speights.
Recent flights they no longer list Speights, so stuck with that Heineken stuff
Old Apr 25, 2013, 3:18 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
On Trans-Tasman 773 flights the IFE screen ordering is not enabled in any class. In economy, passengers can only view via the IFE the menu of what is available to purchase. Purchases are then made via the crew & handheld POS machines. IFE screen ordering on TT flights is currently only possible on 767/A320 aircraft. Also, the snacks that are usually available on longhaul flights are not loaded on TT services. Of course you are most welcome to ask the crew to purchase anything on the menu from economy - they just need to go down the back to get it. But AFAIK the economy bites menu does not appear on the business class screens.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by edmm
I normally travel Business Class TT if there is one. Even though the food is mediocre (mains pretty bad, the breads are OK, the icecream is great, wines great) I usually have plenty to eat and don't want any more. However I think that if someone wants a snack they should be able to have one.
God! I am so sick of the "Beef Hot Pot". It's been on the menu constantly since as early as the start of the year. It was interesting the first time. By the second and third time, the grizzles found on poor quality cuts of beef become apparent. Chicken is always a thigh
By April, I had to get the FA to get me a meal from economy just for variety. I could no longer stomach the static J menu.

Next time, I am booking Y.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by cakiwi
Recently flew on. 777-300 akl-mel and in business class (aka business premier). After the meal I and others I was travelling with were a bit peckish, tried to order a snack through the ife and couldn't. It suggested I ask the cabin crew for what selections were on offer. She advised nothing....no snacks available.
Did they not have any of that Vege Crisps left that they hand out with the drinks?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by poopbunny
Did they not have any of that Vege Crisps left that they hand out with the drinks?
not sure all I know is she was as lost as I was. Has to be said - it's not the end of the world, I mean I got a decent meal and obviously I was in J, so it probably makes me sound like a bit of a prat, but I just thought it was a bit strange that even the option wasn't readily available.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Originally Posted by poopbunny
Are you thinking of the ones given out on daytime domestic flights called "Pass the Dip" when there is never any dip passed out?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Casava Crisps? My last few hops in business TT they brought those out with the take off drinks.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 3:31 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Trumpkin
Are you thinking of the ones given out on daytime domestic flights called "Pass the Dip" when there is never any dip passed out?
If your lucky, had a few of my recent domesitc flights, where they had only had cookies left!
Old Apr 25, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by Rebound
Casava Crisps? My last few hops in business TT they brought those out with the take off drinks.
I am confused as to why they never offered you the casava chips, they are the same ones that are handed out on domestic trips. I enjoy a pack of these with a glass of bubbles at the start of the flight.

that meat pie has been offered since about November last year. first time I had it I, stupidly, assumed it would be a well presented meal, with some kind of side vegetables however it really is just one oversized pie with gravy spilt down the sides. no finesse, presentation was 0. it tasted cheap the meat was tender but unlike a nicely slow braised cheek it had a terrible flavor. I would have been better off bringing a Pam s steak and cheese on board and asking for it to be reheated..!
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:10 am

Never understood why NZ couldn't offer a few more beer choices in Business Class. The current offerings are not to my taste.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:19 am

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by everywhere
Never understood why NZ couldn't offer a few more beer choices in Business Class. The current offerings are not to my taste.
I'm not a beer drinker and would really like some cider in TT Business Class, but weight must be an issue if they try and give everyone what they want.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:22 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by everywhere
I can't agree more. With so much good craft beer in NZ there should be at least one NZ craft beer on board. This could be swapped out regularly with another guest offering.

The limitation is that Air NZ (and most airlines) will only carry beer in cans which severly limits the selection. Buying equipment to do cans isn't cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.