Wiki Posts
Search

Seat changes - ...?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum
Seat changes - ...?

Logged in tonight to MyAirNZ to change a flight for a few weeks. Noticed that my seats, which I'd pre-selected a few days ago for a return flight tomorrow/Monday had disappeared. Clicked "request seats" to re-assign. "It is not possible to request a seat for this flight online." These are flexi domestic tickets.

Same thing has happened to all my other bookings in the next few weeks. Some flexi fares some grabaseat, seat only.

This is absolutely ridiculous.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:15 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
Originally Posted by newtestleper
Logged in tonight to MyAirNZ to change a flight for a few weeks. Noticed that my seats, which I'd pre-selected a few days ago for a return flight tomorrow/Monday had disappeared. Clicked "request seats" to re-assign. "It is not possible to request a seat for this flight online." These are flexi domestic tickets.

Same thing has happened to all my other bookings in the next few weeks. Some flexi fares some grabaseat, seat only.

This is absolutely ridiculous.
Could be related to the introduction of Seat Select, and changeover of IT systems. Get on the phone to the call centre and let them know you're having troubles. Hopefully they'll sort it for you.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, NZ*G
New seat select system has gone live (also noted on PRS restricted thread). I can now get into seat maps that I temporarily couldn't access. But not without hiccups as I can't get space + on domestic any more.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: NZ *G, Qantas Gold
In myairnz today I cannot access anything in the My Bookings tab - can't select seats, change products or anything.

Is this a widespread problem or just me?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by youai779
Is this a widespread problem or just me?
I can access bookings, just my selected seat does not appear on some seat maps when I have already selected space+ on 733s/A320s (don't have same problem on props).
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:23 pm
bsd

Programs: UA 1MM, NZ Gold Elite
Question Seat selection in Business Premier not visible

Seems to affect international flights as well, and in J ....

Flights AKL-YVR and LAX-AKL don't even show the seats, and seat selection is not enabled ....

Strangely, seats in March for domestic travel are viewable ....

However we can still see the seats on viewtrip.com
Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: NZ *G, Qantas Gold
I still cant access information from myairnz, only my international flights allow me to make changes and one domestic. All my grabaseat fares are not allowing seat select or anything. Any one else experiencing this?
Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Customer Contact Centre Changes = No MYAIRNZ Seat Select Afterwards

Originally Posted by kiwi_norway
Could be related to the introduction of Seat Select, and changeover of IT systems. Get on the phone to the call centre and let them know you're having troubles. Hopefully they'll sort it for you.
Hi All

As soon as your booking is amended by the CCC, you will no longer have MYAIRNZ access to seat select for that booking.

It says as much on the website.

I have no idea why and it makes no sense from an IT perspective.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
I have my own gripe.

Miss libertyuk and I were booked to fly together LHR-AKL via LAX (booked months ago), but I had to change plans because of work.

We booked in Y months ago, and got exit row seats at the front of the 77Ws which is fine, except Miss libertyuk is short and her feet dont reach the floor. She's ok sitting with me as she can stretch over towards me and i usually have a large carryon she can rest feet on. However, as I have changed my flight (and she is lowly Silver) she has inherited the exit row seat on her own.

She doesn't want it and EF shows me the row behind is empty, and so we thought she could be shifted there.

Given NZ is now selling exit rows, we figured that it should be easy as NZ would be swapping one seat it sells for one it sells for more - win win.

No.

We have been refused outright and told if she wants to shift, we have to pay for a preferred seat, even though she already is in one (and we ought to be grateful she has that because it is only because I was Gold and had the temerity to change the date of travel (and throw them an additional £750 for the privilege and uplift it to PE because it is now for work).

It's ridiculous.

Air NZ could shift her, sell the exit row seat, forgo the preferred row seat (for less) make us happy and make a little money (making another passenger happy to). A "win-win".

No. It went all bureaucratic, been told to check in early and something might be done, or she can happily be shifted to the very last row. The agent on the phone was sympathetic, but her supervisor was adamant.

Another nail in the coffin for our loyalty.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by libertyuk
I have my own gripe.

Miss libertyuk and I were booked to fly together LHR-AKL via LAX (booked months ago), but I had to change plans because of work.

We booked in Y months ago, and got exit row seats at the front of the 77Ws which is fine, except Miss libertyuk is short and her feet dont reach the floor. She's ok sitting with me as she can stretch over towards me and i usually have a large carryon she can rest feet on. However, as I have changed my flight (and she is lowly Silver) she has inherited the exit row seat on her own.

She doesn't want it and EF shows me the row behind is empty, and so we thought she could be shifted there.

Given NZ is now selling exit rows, we figured that it should be easy as NZ would be swapping one seat it sells for one it sells for more - win win.

No.

We have been refused outright and told if she wants to shift, we have to pay for a preferred seat, even though she already is in one (and we ought to be grateful she has that because it is only because I was Gold and had the temerity to change the date of travel (and throw them an additional £750 for the privilege and uplift it to PE because it is now for work).

It's ridiculous.

Air NZ could shift her, sell the exit row seat, forgo the preferred row seat (for less) make us happy and make a little money (making another passenger happy to). A "win-win".

No. It went all bureaucratic, been told to check in early and something might be done, or she can happily be shifted to the very last row. The agent on the phone was sympathetic, but her supervisor was adamant.

Another nail in the coffin for our loyalty.
Did you play "she wouldn't be able to help in the event of emergency" card? Does sound pedantic, hopefully just a one-off, bad agent maybe....

Edit: is your flight in the next few days? according to the OP in the other thread, it doesn't affect travel until the 27th of Nov...
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by brenrox
Did you play "she wouldn't be able to help in the event of emergency" card? Does sound pedantic, hopefully just a one-off, bad agent maybe....

Edit: is your flight in the next few days? according to the OP in the other thread, it doesn't affect travel until the 27th of Nov...
No, the offer was simple, either she sits 30 rows back near the rear toilets or do nothing. The best chance is to ask to move at checkin it seems. I've had three goes at fixing this, but given up "computer says no" and "agent says no".

The flight is in early December so it does affect it.

Such a very basic way for this to be resolved in a way that benefits us, NZ and another future passenger, but NZ is acting like a nationalised state monopoly - follow the rules, don't recognise there can be flexibility to fix a problem.

Well we have Airbucks to spend out whilst meanwhile having OneWorld Sapphire status - stupid little points like this just make it worse.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: Airnz Elite
seat choice

Booking a grab a seat today it looks like all the choices are still available although the booking procedure has slightly changed ie you choose the seat first first then pay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.