Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Bruce Parton appointed to new Chief Operations Officer role

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2012, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club

Bruce Parton will take up his new role on 1 January 2013 when the new 'regime' comes into effect.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/AIR/announcements/229607
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:12 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
This is interesting.
I had thought Bruce was responsible for the removal of business trans-tasman, space plus (which they back tracked on), and the driving of the carrier to LCC type operations. He did show up here briefly but disappeared when there were many tough questions.
Anyway I hope that my reservations are unfounded and there will be an improvement in customer service which has dropped so much of late......
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:26 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
WLGNZ, I think that you're being very unfair to Bruce.

Many of us dislike Seats To Suit, but he listened to our feedback before making the decisions which were his prerogative.

There are lots of things about Air NZ and especially Airpoints which annoy all of us elites, but it's not Bruce's job to sit around all day on the internet on behalf of areas of the airline he doesn't even run.

I'm grateful that he engaged us when he did, and I wish him well.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, NZ*G
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
This is interesting.
I had thought Bruce was responsible for the removal of business trans-tasman, space plus (which they back tracked on), and the driving of the carrier to LCC type operations. He did show up here briefly but disappeared when there were many tough questions.
Anyway I hope that my reservations are unfounded and there will be an improvement in customer service which has dropped so much of late......
+1

I think we all hope he does a good job, and I think many of us will be watching what he does and how he does it. Hopefully he has learned something from the way seats to suit was implemented, and hopefully the new CEO listens to him when he tries to apply what he has learned in this new role.

But on the other hand, I won't expect too much in terms of lifting their game. Air NZ is clearly on a direction that recognises elite customers less and less, and strips back the customer experience more and more. Bruce would not have been appointed to this new role if he didn't believe in NZ's vision and strategy.

On the issue of engagement on Flyertalk, it is high time that 'cutting-edge'/social media savvy NZ caught up and introduced some kind of company representation on here, even if it's via a specific thread. Like DCF, I don't think that person should be Bruce (and I'm not sure that anyone was suggesting it should be).
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: NZ, IHG, Hilton, Accor, Hertz, FoundersCard
Originally Posted by DCF
I'm grateful that he engaged us when he did, and I wish him well.
This. It's often open season on messengers here on FT, so it's nice to see senior staff step into the shooting gallery from time to time

That having been said, NZ needs to formally assign someone as FT liaison. Given current hot topics, let's call him/her the Mouth of Sauron The various Starwood Lurkers, especially William Sanders, have already shown them how it's done.

justakiwi
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: NZ*G and a couple of other Silvers.
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
This is interesting.
I've not followed the restructure too closely but have they said what the scope of the COO role is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.