Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$0 Grab a seat

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2012, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Yes, I have one on Sunday. In the My Bookings page on myairnz.co.nz, it now says there are no details available about the booking. That is, you can no longer seat select, change, cancel, get fare info, etc.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: NZ, IHG, Hilton, Accor, Hertz, FoundersCard
Originally Posted by nzchick
I scored a few (3 return trips) of these $0 flights ex CHC. Yesterday I did a day trip to queenstown with one & I got a 'cannot check you in' printout at the kiosk.
Asked at the assistance counter & they tapped away on the computer & then asked me for photo ID.
I experienced this too, but when using my ePass at the gate

justakiwi
Old Nov 28, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by pbl22
Yes, I have one on Sunday. In the My Bookings page on myairnz.co.nz, it now says there are no details available about the booking. That is, you can no longer seat select, change, cancel, get fare info, etc.
After making seat selections yesterday, mine is now saying the same. Must be pretty bad if they are having to go to these sorts of measures...
Old Nov 28, 2012, 7:56 pm

They need to be a bit careful here. Their terms and conditions do not strictly require government issued photo identification for domestic travel. Having said that there is no legislative mandated involuntary denied boarding legislation in New Zealand like there is say in Europe.
For domestic bookings, a form of photo identification such as a driver's licence, passport, student ID card or a recognised form of company ID are the preferred methods of confirming identity. Airpoints or Koru card, Star Alliance Partner Frequent Flyer card, Air New Zealand personal UATP Travelcard, major credit card, birth certificate, Farmers card, PSIS card or Community Services card are also suitable forms of ID.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:41 am

Programs: Airnz Elite
id

Originally Posted by ntddevsys
They need to be a bit careful here. Their terms and conditions do not strictly require government issued photo identification for domestic travel. Having said that there is no legislative mandated involuntary denied boarding legislation in New Zealand like there is say in Europe.
Interesting that they don't insist on photo I'd

Mind you some of my photos do look like me lol
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints SILVER, KC
That is strange, I did a huge grabaseating trip (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...zealand-2.html) and I was never asked for ID, I was also aloud to seat request online....
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints SILVER, KC
Originally Posted by FullyIntoNewZealand
That is strange, I did a huge grabaseating trip (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...zealand-2.html) and I was never asked for ID, I was also aloud to seat request online....
The $0 grabaseat flights are at the bottom of the linked page
Old Nov 29, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite + a bunch of nothings thanks to covid
$0 Grab a seat

Just checked in for $0 grabaseat flight Christchurch to Wellington & was ID'd again.
Looks like this might be consistent across all $0 tickets now?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: QF Gold
They put red flags on some accounts if they consider there to be suspicious activity (i.e. booking lots of cheap grabaseats).
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite + a bunch of nothings thanks to covid
$0 Grab a seat

Yeah true. I've now shown ID 3 times - you'd think they might trust me by now!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by nzchick
Yeah true. I've now shown ID 3 times - you'd think they might trust me by now!
I'd suggest ringing them-it could take several months before they take it off. I had some stressful issues with this a couple of years back.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Shazzadude
They put red flags on some accounts if they consider there to be suspicious activity (i.e. booking lots of cheap grabaseats).
I only booked 1?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: NZ, IHG, Hilton, Accor, Hertz, FoundersCard
Specific to the $0 GAS I think. I flew the same day on an award ticket & no ID check.

justakiwi
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: Airpoints, Qantas, KrisFlyer, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by justakiwi
Specific to the $0 GAS I think. I flew the same day on an award ticket & no ID check.

justakiwi
I flew to CHC yesterday return on these $0 and the problem is the tickets are flagged as having no "e-ticket number"; you cannot check in via kiosk. The notes that check in staff see give a contact extension number inside Air New Zealand for their anti fraud people. The notes on file specifically say photo ID is to be sighted. I asked Koru concierge to ring the number and work out what the problem was. It appears that some souls sought to sell the $0 on Trademe and this caused AirNZ to activate the extra security check. I've often wondered what percentage of people on a plane are not who they say they are and clearly it is not zero!

Further, if you scan ePass at the Koru kiosk, light goes green but when you then check flight on staff terminal you are still not checked in on the flight.

And I don't think it is related to amount of travel etc you do as my wife who hardly travels encountered the same problem when she went to CHC the day before and came back on the same flight I was on.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by paintini
I flew to CHC yesterday return on these $0 and the problem is the tickets are flagged as having no "e-ticket number"; you cannot check in via kiosk. The notes that check in staff see give a contact extension number inside Air New Zealand for their anti fraud people. The notes on file specifically say photo ID is to be sighted. I asked Koru concierge to ring the number and work out what the problem was. It appears that some souls sought to sell the $0 on Trademe and this caused AirNZ to activate the extra security check. I've often wondered what percentage of people on a plane are not who they say they are and clearly it is not zero!

Further, if you scan ePass at the Koru kiosk, light goes green but when you then check flight on staff terminal you are still not checked in on the flight.

And I don't think it is related to amount of travel etc you do as my wife who hardly travels encountered the same problem when she went to CHC the day before and came back on the same flight I was on.
Wonder what would happen if you went straight to gate and scanned? I doubt the FA scanning the tickets would get you to hold up the line while you find an ID?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.