Wiki Posts
Search

R inventory no longer being published

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA

(This was mentioned by others in another thread...)

I flicked an email to the GE desk asking why R inventory is no longer visable through GDS and other channels. The response I received was:

R class is an internal booking class and although has shown in some GDS systems is not meant to.

If you would like to know the availability for upgrades on specific flights you are welcome to give our contact centre a call at any time on free phone 0800 737 000 – remember to enter your Airpoints account number so you call will be directed to one of our premium consultants.
So the solution is to waste the call-center's and our own time to find out simple things we used to be able to do easily online.

Way to increase costs and annoy your customers, NZ.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Thats not good!

It is probably so they can put the one up bids in before the recognition upgrade, after all who is to know? I have two recognition awards waiting at the moment, with this and the lack of transparancy it makes me a little worried
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Email them and let them know how inconvenient it is. And I think you're right about the desire to make things even more opaque for us.

So I guess all we can do is ring up and ask availability for all the flights and dates we're looking at using comps to C on.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
This is exactly what United did on Friday
Is this a *A thing?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:41 pm

probably a waste of time, but I may ring them and ask, not holding my breath though, thing is if I dont use my awards then will probably loose them as I will be gold elite after my next trips will post the outcome here
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by keisari
This is exactly what United did on Friday
Is this a *A thing?
Possibly, although there are still workarounds to see a subset of UA reward availability.

Oh well, lucky I got 10/10 of last years SWUs and the vast majority of complimentary and standby upgrades with NZ before they decimated their upgrades program.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:09 pm

Just rang NZ

I just spoke with the call centre, was told as a G then I will not know until 3 days out from my flights and as late as the gate, however the oneup bids I have on my other flights I may hear 7 days out, so as per my previous post, oneup may/could bump all others except GE.

Not what I wanted to hear, the agent could not see the R awards on any of the flights as "the system was not working correctly"
Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:59 am

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
Yet one more reason to bail on NZ - I figured it was only a matter of time before they tried to hide R availability and thus trump efforts to get upgrades.

To quote the M*A*S*H episode, "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen"
Old Sep 9, 2012, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I could put in my 2¢ (0.02)here but I already have elsewhere.

It will be interesting to see how my remaining R class flights will credit to Velocity.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, NZ*G
R class is an internal booking class? Since when? R class is mentioned in the published Airpoints terms and conditions, and is also printed on tickets where R class has cleared (e.g. Business Premier - R).

Yet another annoying, not to mention seemingly pointless, move from our beloved national carrier.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by craver

Yet another annoying, not to mention seemingly pointless, move from our beloved national carrier.
If nothing else, it is not pointless for AirNZ.

It make *GE upgrades more of a lottery - with a higher probability of RU 'breakage'.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: NZ *G
I wonder how long will it be before the call centre cannot disclose R class availability? What a bunch of w#$kers!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
UA has also pulled their visibility of R class (Y-C upgrade inventory). Apparently so have AC and DL.

Conspiracy theorists, start!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by NZ_Traveller
I wonder how long will it be before the call centre cannot disclose R class availability? What a bunch of w#$kers!
Then the next stage-no R class.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:08 am

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Skywards Gold

Time to boycott flying on Air NZ all together ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.