Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are you one of the 500?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2012, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Are you one of the 500?

Anyone had an invite to be one of the 500 - a new focus group for NZ?
You can earn APD by answering surveys and will get direct acess to senior management in loyalty.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
no, not that I know of, but wish I was.

However I have been "upgraded" to gold recently. Thought perhaps the airnz fairy had granted my wish and not told me, but letter in the mail states that I've been upgraded. Nice. A sure way to make sure I fly somewhere else to use my 2 recogntion upgrades!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Got an email but haven't read it yet
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: VA Gold, Aegean *G, QF, SQ...etc
Not me, but I'm Aus resident and Air NZ don't seem to be that interested in my kind. I really wish they would stop referring to me as "Australian" though.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by Placebogirl
Not me, but I'm Aus resident and Air NZ don't seem to be that interested in my kind. I really wish they would stop referring to me as "Australian" though.
Not me, but I'm WLG resident and Air NZ don't seem to be that interested in my kind.....
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by wayoutwest
You can earn APD by answering surveys and will get direct acess to senior management in loyalty.
i can only imagine the survey be asking yes and no questions, too bad if you dont like our new changes.

i remember someone pointed out air nz only want to hear positive things and ignoring the negative bits.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
A work colleague of mine has - she wrote to the online feedback forum last week complaining and believes that the invitation was as a response to that. She is NZ*E.

Here is the text:

Air New Zealand wants to hear from you. I'd like to invite you to participate in an online community of 500 travellers from across New Zealand. As a selected member of this private, online community you will help Air New Zealand to understand our customers through discussing a wide variety of topics relating to your life, interests, travel experiences, and more.

What's involved?
• Spend 5 to 10 minutes online per week contributing to community activities
• Regularly receive Airpoints Dollars™ as a thank you from us for your participation
• Build connections with other people like you and, in turn, shape new Air New Zealand products and services
How do you join? Take the survey!
To see if you qualify, please complete a brief 5-minute questionnaire. If selected, you will be notified shortly thereafter. There are no right or wrong answers, your responses will help Air New Zealand select community members and will only be used for that purpose.

Take the brief questionnaire now to get started. Thank you so much for your consideration.
What happens next?
Once you've filled in the survey you'll be contacted by a community facilitator from Communispace, who we've teamed up with to help us manage the community.

Sincerely,

Mark Street
Head of Customer Loyalty
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Who is Mark Street? That's a familiar name. Has that David guy lost his job as the head of loyalty so quick?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
The first question asks about your profession - I selected Marketing and that was the end of the survey for me.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by Rebound
The first question asks about your profession - I selected Marketing and that was the end of the survey for me.
I selected Banking/Finance/Insurance and managed to get right through the survey (note that I wasn't pre-selected - just clicked the link on my colleague's email - so have no idea if that fact will invalidate my response).
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Susiew237
no, not that I know of, but wish I was.

However I have been "upgraded" to gold recently. Thought perhaps the airnz fairy had granted my wish and not told me, but letter in the mail states that I've been upgraded. Nice. A sure way to make sure I fly somewhere else to use my 2 recogntion upgrades!
That happened to me on my 50th birthday - not that I would ever ask a lady this question ...

It actually caused me problems as I was already TG*G and had a plan to make NZ*G in the same month mtyTG*G expired - the 6 month overlap was a serious problem to this modest-measns traveller, but I eventually managed to get the NZ*G expiry extended by 6 months so I wasn't disadvantaged by their birthday 'gift'.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:11 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
i remember someone pointed out air nz only want to hear positive things and ignoring the negative bits.
Sycophants need only apply? I can imagine the questions now (paraphrasing Mr. Colbert):

Is Air NZ Airpoints:
a) a Great frequent flyer program
b) the Greatest frequent flyer program
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
That happened to me on my 50th birthday - not that I would ever ask a lady this question ...

It actually caused me problems as I was already TG*G and had a plan to make NZ*G in the same month mtyTG*G expired - the 6 month overlap was a serious problem to this modest-measns traveller, but I eventually managed to get the NZ*G expiry extended by 6 months so I wasn't disadvantaged by their birthday 'gift'.
Ha, yes I can confirm it was my 50th! Somebody else just recently told me they had got a 50th upgrade as well.... perhaps now I should wish the airnz fairy to be gold elite!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by Susiew237
Ha, yes I can confirm it was my 50th! Somebody else just recently told me they had got a 50th upgrade as well.... perhaps now I should wish the airnz fairy to be gold elite!
yes I also got Gold gifted for my 50th a little while back, managed to keep it through normal earning
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:49 am

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Yes, I got an invite to participate. Thought I'd show some interest so went thru the process. This morning got an email saying the forum had been cancelled...

"Dear David,

Thank you for your interest in taking part in the research.

Unfortunately, for reasons outside our control we will not be proceeding with the forum as proposed.
Colmar Brunton sincerely apologise for this, but hope you will be able to take part in similar research on a future occasion.

Thank you very much for your time"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.