FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Successful/unsuccessful oneup bids (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1369120-successful-unsuccessful-oneup-bids.html)

strtrek Oct 10, 2012 10:39 pm

successful one up bid

5 days out
$410 pp
PE to Business
LAX-AKL

great trip, worth every cent :)

nzlilibet Oct 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by strtrek (Post 19475129)
5 days out
$410 pp
PE to Business
LAX-AKL

great trip, worth every cent :)

Just for the record - was this $US or $NZ?

strtrek Oct 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by nzlilibet (Post 19475192)
Just for the record - was this $US or $NZ?

$AU

Trumpkin Oct 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Not accepted, $130 GE bid for AKL to SYD on 763 economy to business.

Current availability is C/4 D/3 Z/0 J/0 with Expertflyer should 10 unallocated seats.

I suspect my bid was below the minimum they would accept.

Xiaotung Oct 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Trumpkin (Post 19516056)

Current availability is C/4 D/3 Z/0 J/0 with Expertflyer should 10 unallocated seats.

I am GE and have been accepted for AU$80 once on this route.

West45 Oct 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Trumpkin (Post 19516056)

Is that for this Friday? If so, there are 10 seats spare on the seat map currently

robbau Oct 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung (Post 19516074)
I am GE and have been accepted for AU$80 once on this route.

How full was the cabin for that flight?

Trumpkin Oct 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by West45 (Post 19516103)
Is that for this Friday? If so, there are 10 seats spare on the seat map currently

Sunday morning - 21st October.

The OneUp bid was declined exactly at the 3 days out point to the minute.

Xiaotung Oct 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by robbau (Post 19516124)
How full was the cabin for that flight?

I never checked in advance but the C cabin was full when I was on board.

123dd Oct 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by 123dd (Post 19455605)
AKL-SYD NZ*G bid $130 failed... That's $169 after gold uplift...
Sabre shows
C4 D4 Z4 J4 Y7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 V7 W0 T0 L0 S0 G0 X0 K0 P0

So it could be true that low bids are not accepted, and it does not matter how full the flight is.... which makes me wonder why it allows these bid at first place...

Bid $150 for the return flight, which equates to $195 after my Gold uplift.

The loading in business class was 7/36....

Bid for return flight also failed...

Wonder if this justifies a commerce commission complaint? AirNZ mislead us to think that we can buy cheap business class tickets on routes with low demands using the mechanism of oneup, it mislead us to think seat availability and bidding competition were the only criteria, so we choose them over other competitors?

Shazzadude Oct 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by 123dd (Post 19516384)

Wonder if this justifies a commerce commission complaint? AirNZ mislead us to think that we can buy cheap business class tickets on routes with low demands using the mechanism of oneup, it mislead us to think seat availability and bidding competition were the only criteria, so we choose them over other competitors?

Do it. :)

craver Oct 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by 123dd (Post 19516384)

I haven't seen them say or even imply they would accept every or any bid even with heaps of spare seats available in the target cabin. I think they tried to emphasis the opposite. It might be interesting to do a commerce commission complaint (for the rejection comments) but otherwise a waste of time.

I think they probably accept lower bids than 'usual' when the originally booked cabin is oversold, and they would potentially have to op-up otherwise... but who knows.

mmonster Oct 18, 2012 12:06 am

Originally Posted by craver (Post 19517612)
I haven't seen them say or even imply they would accept every or any bid even with heaps of spare seats available in the target cabin. I think they tried to emphasis the opposite. It might be interesting to do a commerce commission complaint (for the rejection comments) but otherwise a waste of time.

I think they probably accept lower bids than 'usual' when the originally booked cabin is oversold, and they would potentially have to op-up otherwise... but who knows.

umm given standby TT used to be 250 APD, I am not sure if those bids are quite enough? I must say it is worth a try to bid $130/$150 though

something out of topic here.... interesting you have mentioned op-ups here... is this common on AirNZ? The reason I am asking says a lot about my experience as GE!

QTFLYER Oct 18, 2012 12:13 am

Originally Posted by mmonster (Post 19517647)
umm given standby TT used to be 250 APD, I am not sure if those bids are quite enough? I must say it is worth a try to bid $130/$150 though

something out of topic here.... interesting you have mentioned op-ups here... is this common on AirNZ? The reason I am asking says a lot about my experience as GE!

Op-up air nz.... yeah right.. (picture the tui ad's..!)

Rebound Oct 18, 2012 1:54 am

I've had a few Op Ups but I think its rare to be honest. I bid $160 last week on Trans-Tasman - one was accepted and the other was not. Both flights were on a 767 and there was ample seats still available on the sector I did not get upgraded on.

I just put in a bid for $100 (dollars not APD) as its a TT sector on a 773 - just to see what happens - I bet it will fail but thought I'd test it out right?