Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

How do I see fare buckets on Air NZ (or any other) web site?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum & 2.0MM; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium and Lifetime Gold; Hyatt and Hilton Honors peon

Hi,

I am a very frequent United flyer, but have only used Air NZ domestically or on award seats. I am looking to book some paid flights in December between the US (SFO)and CHC (and hoping to upgrade). How do I see availability by fare codes on the ANZ (or another )web site? And, how do I find a list of fare codes and what they mean?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:49 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jh6000
Hi,

I am a very frequent United flyer, but have only used Air NZ domestically or on award seats. I am looking to book some paid flights in December between the US (SFO)and CHC (and hoping to upgrade). How do I see availability by fare codes on the ANZ (or another )web site? And, how do I find a list of fare codes and what they mean?

Thanks in advance.
Hi jh6000,

This forum has a thread titled "Air NZ Booking Class Guide", which should give you the info you need on NZ fare codes / award classes, etc.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...-services.html

For fare bucket availability, NZ doesn't list this info anywhere on their site. I tend to use FlightStats.com to check availability (free service, but sometimes not up-to-the-minutes accurate and does not show award classes), or you could use ExpertFlyer.com (paid service, which I've never personally used, but everyone on here seems to rave about).

Peter
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:18 am

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite + a bunch of nothings thanks to covid
Expertflyer doesn't currently seem to be showing R class availability (gold elite business class upgrade).

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by nzchick
Expertflyer doesn't currently seem to be showing R class availability (gold elite business class upgrade).

Had a quick look and it is not working for me either.
Maybe this is another service enhancement being offered by AirNZ.......
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Had a quick look and it is not working for me either.
Maybe this is another service enhancement being offered by AirNZ...
Working for me ...Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Awards & Upgrades Search
Departing LAX on 10/06/13 12:00 AM ± 2 Day(s) for AKL
Flying NZ   on booking class I R Z A X    

Frequency                                                    
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     Class Description                      Code  Seats
0 Connections
NZ 1          0      LAX                AKL                773       Daily           Business - Awards using Airpoints & Co I     0
                     09/06/13 9:45 PM   11/06/13 5:45 AM             95% / 16m       mp upgrades for Gold                   
                                                                                     Business - Comp Upgrades for Gold Elit R     0
                                                                                     e                                      
                                                                                     Business - Upgrade                     Z     4
                                                                                     Premium Economy & Comp upgrades into P A     4
                                                                                     remium Econom                          
                                                                                     Economy - Award                        X     0

0 Connections
NZ 5          0      LAX                AKL                773       Su,M,W,F,Sa     Business - Awards using Airpoints & Co I     0
                     09/06/13 10:30 PM  11/06/13 6:30 AM             86% / 60m       mp upgrades for Gold                   
                                                                                     Business - Comp Upgrades for Gold Elit R     2
                                                                                     e                                      
                                                                                     Business - Upgrade                     Z     4
                                                                                     Premium Economy & Comp upgrades into P A     4
                                                                                     remium Econom                          
                                                                                     Economy - Award                        X     0

0 Connections
Old Aug 18, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Yep. Seems to be working again for me as well.
Maybe was just a temporary glitch at EF.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nzchick

R class again seems to be gone (since yesterday).

I have been communicating with Expert Flyer regarding this and am quite disappointed by the most recent email received:
From: The ExpertFlyer.com Team [mailto:customercare (at) expertflyer.com]
Sent: Friday, 31 August 2012 12:54 PM
To: serfty
Subject: RE: RE: Air NZ R class (Premium Service)

There is nothing we can do to force showing of the R class, when NZ fixes it and shows the class again it will be reflected in EF.

Thank you,

The ExpertFlyer.com Team
Old Sep 1, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by serfty
R class again seems to be gone (since yesterday).

I have been communicating with Expert Flyer regarding this and am quite disappointed by the most recent email received:
ummm.. it does look interesting on the surface value.
but what if the fault is at AirNZ's side (which is what they are implying?) Imagine (and that is a big IF) that the feed is directly from AirNZ and the glitch is happening at their side and of course any downstream system(s), EF included would not get the results as a direct consequence?

Not trying to protect EF and that (a) they didn't pay me to say that and (b) in fact I think that they are over-charged anyways for their "service", I am thankful that at least EF is providing us with the information =)

is there any evidence where the fault lies? I am just curious.... technically since only EF gives this info publicly (well through a registered service no matter its free or paid) there is no way to justify where that occurred?
Old Sep 2, 2012, 2:08 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mmonster
is there any evidence where the fault lies? I am just curious.... technically since only EF gives this info publicly (well through a registered service no matter its free or paid) there is no way to justify where that occurred?
ExpertFlyer buys our data from the GDSs (global reservation systems). Any travel agent can confirm that NZ is not currently returning R class in the availability displays. When NZ shows R class again, ExpertFlyer will as well.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am thinking this is deliberate - knowing R class availability enables *E to avoid the oneup auction for Business Premium.

I note A class (Premium Economy) is still showing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.