Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J class questions: pyjamas etc

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
J class questions: pyjamas etc

First time on NZ for LAX-AKL-MEL-AKL-SFO. Flying in J and wondering what exzperience is like compared to QF, CX, LH, BA etc. How is AVOD, food, etc. Also are pyjamas provided?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: NZ - Elite, QF - Gold, Flying Blue - Petroleum Club, SIA - Solitaire PPS, EY- Gold Elite, EK- Gold
So much better that it is on another page to QF, LH & BA. Better than CX, but not in the dimension that it is better than the others.

Especially on the 777, which you will have LAX->AKL->MEL, the 747 which you will have from AKL->SFO has a similar business product, just not as good AVOD, which can be more than made up for if you're able to get a seat upstairs, or either of the 2 in the nose.

No PJ's on AirNZ, but just wear some Qantas ones, sending them a subtle hint, as I always do....
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by mattyroo
So much better that it is on another page to QF, LH & BA. Better than CX, but not in the dimension that it is better than the others.

Especially on the 777, which you will have LAX->AKL->MEL, the 747 which you will have from AKL->SFO has a similar business product, just not as good AVOD, which can be more than made up for if you're able to get a seat upstairs, or either of the 2 in the nose.

No PJ's on AirNZ, but just wear some Qantas ones, sending them a subtle hint, as I always do....
Thought AKL-SFO also on 773?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
773's are only on the LAX route for long-haul
Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by anandrag
Thought AKL-SFO also on 773?
SFO is NZ sole 744 route
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by mattyroo
So much better that it is on another page to QF, LH & BA. Better than CX, but not in the dimension that it is better than the others. ....
Note that NZ sell their Front end product as "Business Premium" - being a Hybrid First/Business class product, so it really should be better than the "Business" product of other airlines in the region.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Originally Posted by serfty
Note that NZ sell their Front end product as "Business Premium" - being a Hybrid First/Business class product, so it really should be better than the "Business" product of other airlines in the region.
The class name is actually "Business Premier". Premier is normally taken to mean "first", so it strongly does imply it is a hybrid of business / first class.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/business-premier

It also looks like the amenity box is no more and it's the container used for premium economy now.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:44 pm

earlier this month the BP Amenity kits long haul were in the same packet as shown in the picture as PE, although the contains may differ?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: NZ - Elite, QF - Gold, Flying Blue - Petroleum Club, SIA - Solitaire PPS, EY- Gold Elite, EK- Gold
Originally Posted by Rebound
earlier this month the BP Amenity kits long haul were in the same packet as shown in the picture as PE, although the contains may differ?
Yep, it's in that poxy pseudo cotton envelope. I didn't think things could get much worse than the box, but yet again AirNZ manages to do the unimaginable.

They really cheapen their product with cr@p like this. Really, how much does a nice little make up bag, such as most other airlines use, cost. Especially in today's world with every mum & pop knock off shop in china able to produce these things for nix.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:00 am

I found it really practical, and light. Much better than the box anyway!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: CX, NZ
Originally Posted by Rebound
I found it really practical, and light. Much better than the box anyway!
A plastic bag would be better than the box.
As if my space isn't valuable enough without having to find a space next to me for that stupid box.

As an aside, what's with the cotton tied edge to the PE pouch? You know, the part you have to tear open? Of course, I suppose it's cheaper to manufacture a stitch than a zip (or a button).

Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: CX, NZ
Actually, why does AirNZ stop at the cotton pouches?
Why not just pop all the goodies into plastic ziplock bags?

Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, NZ*G
They did use zip-lock style semi-see-through plastic bags in Business for a while... it must have been more than five years ago now. I don't think the customers thought much of it.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by craver
They did use zip-lock style semi-see-through plastic bags in Business for a while... it must have been more than five years ago now. I don't think the customers thought much of it.
It looked a bit cheap, found this online.

They moved to a corduroy style drawstring back, I think around 2008?

Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:44 pm

Personally I'm in favor of the box since it was easier to put in the rollerboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.