Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Excess Baggage for Air NZ Elites

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Excess Baggage for Air NZ Elites

Hi All

I don't seem to be able to find an answer to this anywhere.......

Can anyone tell me, when traveling domestically on a saver ticket as a Gold Elite, if taking an extra bag, what rate does it get charged at?

EG, if you have 3 pieces do you get charged just $20 for the extra (being one included, one extra free for *G and then one piece as an 'extra') or would you be charged $50 for the third bag as the *G one was counted as your extra and the $20 was waived....??

Thanks

SSNZ
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:47 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
It used to be the latter of the two, but now it starts as $20.

As a GE:
Domestic Saver: [Free] [Free] [$20] [$50] [$150]
Domestic Flexi: [Free] [Free] [Free] [$20] [$50]
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:36 pm

Excess Baggage Rates going up

Air New Zealand wishes to advise that all Domestic, Tasman and Longhaul excess baggage charges will increase for bookings made after the 13th of December for travel from 17 January 2012 (with the exception of Adelaide, Cairns & travel to the Pacific Islands.)

Any travel booked & ticketed prior to the 13th of December for travel on or after 17 January will continue to qualify for the excess baggage allowance permitted at the time of purchase. This will apply to the entire journey for up to one year.

New excess baggage rates
Additional piece charge per person from New Zealand in NZD (up to 23kg)

Domestic
$30 (second additional bag $75, third & fourth additional bag $150 each). Heavy bag charge $50

Tasman & Pacific – incl PPT excl PER
$75 (second additional bag $175, third & fourth additional bag $275 each). Heavy bag charge $75

Rest of world - incl PER
$115 (second additional bag $275, third & fourth additional bag $350 each). Heavy bag charge $115

Please note: For passengers purchasing a Seat fare to Australia or the Pacific Islands the applicable product buy up from Seat to Seat+Bag still applies if done at least 3 hours prior to departure & not at the airport.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:41 am

Its like Air NZ wants us to hate them, by hitting us with more fees and further devaluation of the program, and next probably cutting flights with more codeshare options that will a) earn little APD and b) earn no SP

Thanks Air NZ*
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Rebound
Its like Air NZ wants us to hate them, by hitting us with more fees and further devaluation of the program, and next probably cutting flights with more codeshare options that will a) earn little APD and b) earn no SP

Thanks Air NZ*
They already doing it.
Only cheap fares from CHC are on DJ and at the moment NZ not matching EK cheap flights form CHC only AKL.
Same goes for business class no comparison from CHC.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by wayoutwest
They already doing it.
Only cheap fares from CHC are on DJ and at the moment NZ not matching EK cheap flights form CHC only AKL.
Same goes for business class no comparison from CHC.
I really hope Virgin Australia join *A - I would definitely join their program
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by Rebound
I really hope Virgin Australia join *A - I would definitely join their program
The first major step for an airline to join *A is to perform a successful code sharing/joint venture like the TT alliance. I'd put my money on DJ being in *A within 2 years.

The big unknown factor is that DJ is apparently also in bed with Delta right now, even earning MQM with them--maybe NZ will leave *A for SkyTeam? APD partner redemption is certainly more in the "spirit" of SkyMiles than *A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.