Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

need help - want to credit to Velocity but still get Space+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Air Points (Gold Elite), Velocity (Platinum), Emirates (Gold)

I'm going to be doing quite a bit of Trans-Tasman flying and would like to credit my flights to Velocity. I'm not going to reach Gold Elite again this year and thus any crediting to Air NZ is worthless since I have already requalified for Gold.

Is there any way for me to credit to Velocity but still manage to get my Space+ seating? Do Velocity Platinum have access to Space+? (I am trying to book all my flights on the wide body airplanes so I can get the premium economy seating area.)

Thanks for any advice you might have.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
NZ systems have the ability to enter 2 FF numbers in a booking. One for earning purposes and one for non-earning purposes. You'll need to call Air NZ and ask them to enter your Velocity number in the earning field and your NZ number in the non-earning field and this should make your NZ status show up on the boarding pass and pax manifest and NZ systems (allowing you lounge access, Space+, extra bag, special onboard treatment etc) while crediting the flights to Velocity.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
FQTV for earning (Enter Velocity number here)
FQTS for status (Enter 's number here)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...fqtv-fqts.html
Old Nov 17, 2011, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Air Points (Gold Elite), Velocity (Platinum), Emirates (Gold)
Thanks to both of you, NZ_Flyer and serfty, very much!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
FQTV for earning (Enter Velocity number here)
FQTS for status (Enter 's number here)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...fqtv-fqts.html
That's correct, however I've found from bitter experience that if you're talking to reservations, the 'FQTS' and 'FQTV' nomenclature inevitably means nothing to them. The trick is to ask them to enter your NZ*E number into the 'non accrual field' - ever since I learned that one it's got much easier and I have about a 2/3 success rate of getting both fields correctly used.

It's great that NZ's systems have that functionality, but it can be an intensely frustrating process trying to put it into action.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by mad_atta
That's correct, however I've found from bitter experience that if you're talking to reservations, the 'FQTS' and 'FQTV' nomenclature inevitably means nothing to them. The trick is to ask them to enter your NZ*E number into the 'non accrual field' - ever since I learned that one it's got much easier and I have about a 2/3 success rate of getting both fields correctly used.

It's great that NZ's systems have that functionality, but it can be an intensely frustrating process trying to put it into action.
Same here. I have called to get my NZ number into FQTS and DJ into FQTV and the lady had no idea what I wanted (I used the terminology as well). But as soon as I explained what I wanted in laymans terms she said "oh you want your NZ number in the non-earning field!"
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:29 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
The other way is to make the booking with AirPoints number and ask at checkin for FQTV to be loaded with Velocity number & FQTS with Airpoints number.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
In the lounges they usually refer to number in the FQTS field as the secondary number

Jeff
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Hypothetically, if the OP didn't have status with NZ, would his/her status with DJ allow them to pre-select PE seating on TT?? If it did, I'd assume they'd have to phone NZ to do it?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by brenrox
Hypothetically, if the OP didn't have status with NZ, would his/her status with DJ allow them to pre-select PE seating on TT?? If it did, I'd assume they'd have to phone NZ to do it?
I would presume there's nothing listed about that, but then it does appear DJ give *NZ Gold priority to the PE seats on their flights, so it could quite possibly work in the reverse.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 3:07 am

Programs: Amex Plat, CX Gold, VA Gold, BA paeon, VS rabble, NZ A$ bru
I've just been having this issue, but in reverse: I've been burning a big stack of Airbucks but have Velocity Gold. My findings:

1) FQTV vs FQTS as nomenclature are useful: but I found that calling it the "FQTS Non Accrual field" got the best results.

2) Quote your number with the airline code. My Velocity number got stuck in as VS1234567890 rather than DJ1234567890, which meant no seat selection for me.

3) The evening shift seem to be more comfortable dealing with this stuff, whether that's because they're more experienced or whether they're bored and keener to chat and poke around with the system.

4) Eventually, you'll run into someone who refuses to believe this is possible. Time for call centre bingo: thank them, hang up and ring back.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 3:12 am

I reckon it would, since as a DJ Gold I can select Space+ when booking on NZ.

One can only select seats online if you've booked with NZ and not DJ, since DJ doesn't do web checkin (or "wib chicken" in NZ parlance) and doesn't have access to the NZ seatmaps.

However, as a DJ Gold I keep getting popped into Space+ when it exists on my flight. Can't speak to PE, since us poor Wellingtonians don't get anything larger than a puddlejumper.

Internally in NZ (even on grabaseat fares) I can select seats (including Space+) with my DJ number in either the FQTV or FQTS field (see post above).
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by ThatJohn
I reckon it would, since as a DJ Gold I can select Space+ when booking on NZ.

One can only select seats online if you've booked with NZ and not DJ, since DJ doesn't do web checkin (or "wib chicken" in NZ parlance) and doesn't have access to the NZ seatmaps.

However, as a DJ Gold I keep getting popped into Space+ when it exists on my flight. Can't speak to PE, since us poor Wellingtonians don't get anything larger than a puddlejumper.

Internally in NZ (even on grabaseat fares) I can select seats (including Space+) with my DJ number in either the FQTV or FQTS field (see post above).
Do you have to ring the call centre to get space+ or does myairnz allow it?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:00 pm

Do you have to ring the call centre to get space+ or does myairnz allow it?
I've been able to use the Seat Request system as normal. If you can't, my guess would be that someone's stuffed up and added your DJ number wrongly
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by ThatJohn
I've been able to use the Seat Request system as normal. If you can't, my guess would be that someone's stuffed up and added your DJ number wrongly
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.