Wiki Posts
Search

SYD-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2011, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
SYD-LAX

Trying to get a price in business for SYD-LAX... Price is quite competitive, until I see SYD-AKL is only in economy. AKL-LAX is in business though.

Why? How can I get both sectors in business?

Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
A320 doesn't have Business Class, try get on a 767 which offers Business, although the timings might not be as good, more time in the lounge at AKL,

Just did some dummy bookings and you're right, it doesnt offer then 767 unless via SFO and then LAX. Some others will have better knowledge on this.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 2:47 am

Programs: NZ Koru
You need to get SYD-AKL to be on a 763 or 772, as the A320s are all Y. Would help if you dates where flexiable.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 9:50 am

Smells like a lost booking because TT has gone downscale...
Old Aug 5, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Originally Posted by Leumas
Trying to get a price in business for SYD-LAX... Price is quite competitive, until I see SYD-AKL is only in economy. AKL-LAX is in business though.

Why? How can I get both sectors in business?

Thanks.
Can you gives me some dates?

I do that flight a couple of times a year and can always manage to get the 767 over but it can mean a longer layover.

However, on my recent trip I had to get the late arvo Saturday A320 flight over to connnect with NZ2 and it wasn't that bad. Mind you, I did have an entire row to myself.

The return back from LAX is fine as you usually connect with NZ101 which is a 767.

Send me a PM if you need further info.

Last edited by MrSydney; Aug 5, 2011 at 1:54 pm
Old Aug 5, 2011, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
I tried around 6 April, but none worked, except as mentioned, going through SFO.

I talked to an agent online, at first they said try it as a multi-stop, but the online system didn't allow me to add AKL in. The agent said I'd have to book through the phone.

BTW, this is a 1-way trip, if that matters...

FWIW, DL costs around the same as NZ. VA is a little more, with QF almost double on DL. I was even looking at Air Pacific, but their web site doesn't seem to offer 1-way fares to LAX, nor online bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.