Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Best seat(s) in business class on ANZ 777

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:47 pm
ez1
Original Poster

Does anyone have a seat preference in the Business Class section of Air New Zealand? Flying solo San Francisco to Auckland on a 777. Privacy is big on my list. Seat guru indicates seat 7 is private but also may be a problem situated near the galley and lav. Thanks for any feedback.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...sion-deux.html
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:08 am
ez1
Original Poster

follow up

yes, review suggests 7A and K but also points out proximity of lav and galley. Is that really a problem? Does anyone have firsthand experience?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:33 am

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
It's personal choice, really. But I prefer 4 or 5. Too close to the front and there could be babies in bassinets and right at the front seems a bit claustrophobic. At the back, toilets and bassinets in the next cabin. And kids' screams do carry.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:22 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ez1
yes, review suggests 7A and K but also points out proximity of lav and galley. Is that really a problem? Does anyone have firsthand experience?
We had 6j,7j,7k on a 777 flight a couple of weeks ago. 7j and 7k were both very isolated and we encountered no disturbance from the lav or galley.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
Originally Posted by nzlilibet
It's personal choice, really. But I prefer 4 or 5. Too close to the front and there could be babies in bassinets and right at the front seems a bit claustrophobic. At the back, toilets and bassinets in the next cabin. And kids' screams do carry.
me too!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
I used to prefer 4 or 5 as well, but have enjoyed 7J and 7K on the 772, and tend to go for 7K on the 747. So far have not had any problems with noise, and it's handy for keeping an eye on when the lav is available! On the 747, however, I have noticed there is a galley light that shines right into my face when sleeping, so have to use the eye shades on that plane.

Oh, and welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:22 am
ez1
Original Poster

thank you

Galley light! That's a new one! OK, I have 5A but will seriously consider 7A (which is available) and hope there's no galley light on that side. And, I so much appreciate your responses Thank you very much for taking the time to write.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:07 am

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by ez1
Galley light! That's a new one! OK, I have 5A but will seriously consider 7A (which is available) and hope there's no galley light on that side. And, I so much appreciate your responses Thank you very much for taking the time to write.
I would stick with 5A, I have always gone for row 4 or 5, after having noise and light issues elsewhere, as others have said at the front you have bassinets and the rear the toilets so there is no guarantee you will not be disturbed , anyway have a good flight and welcome to FT
Old Dec 4, 2023, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Main or mini cabin?

Does anyone have a preference between the two business class cabins? Seems like the mini would be more private. Are there any drawbacks?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 3:27 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by ekartash
Does anyone have a preference between the two business class cabins? Seems like the mini would be more private. Are there any drawbacks?
Entire Economy and PE cabin walks through the cabin for boarding, Bassinet seats are Row 9 an also right behind in PE behind BP Row 12, divided by a curtain.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Four rows in the rear cabin vs seven rows in the forward cabin isn't much of a difference to me in terms of privacy. The added foot traffic in the rear cabin during boarding is a bigger deal to me, so I generally try to avoid it when possible (this applies to a lot of airlines and aircraft types). Ultimately though, only you know what matters to you.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Forward cabin for me if possible for the reasons Rebound has noted above. That said, I have been seated in the rear cabin on a day flight to SIN last Xmas and it was fine.

Have a look at this seat map https://www.aerolopa.com/nz-773
Old Dec 4, 2023, 5:28 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand
NZ121 AKL-MEL 4/4/2024 has an odd seat map. AirNZ seat select shows business seats back to row 26. Seatguru says there are 12 rows in business for 777-300 which is what I expected. My selected seat has mysteriously gone back to 23A
Is this a lease aircraft with a different cabin?
[update] looks like this is a leased Cathay Pacific with first class seats up front. Seat guru has a Cathay Pacific B777-300 layout 1 that matches the AirNZ seat map

Last edited by kryptonjohn; Dec 4, 2023 at 5:34 pm
Old Dec 5, 2023, 6:50 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by ez1
7 A is best seat. Only 1 neighbour, extra space to stow/put things on with the bulkhead. No issues of gallu lights in my 30 odd flights in the seat. Toilets aren’t adjacent so no issue either. Biggest gripe is pax in other wows leaving LEDs on, or not closing blinds, or turning spare TVs off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.