Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Where in the (airpoints) world are Yap and Palau?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG

Just curious, as looking at visiting Palau ex-MNL using CO, where in the Airpoints charts to Yap Island and Palau sit? I notice Guam is squarely in Asia, and assume these two would be the same - but not sure as they are not listed.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I would assume so.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 1:09 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
This would appear to open up the possibility of a serious status run, depending upon how Air NZ distinguish between CO's International Business First and Domestic First Class products.

Guam-Honolulu return in International Business First sells for around US$2500 return, and if allocated Business status points earns 320 and First would be 480.

I live in Queensland, but my work takes me to Honolulu at least once each year. My usual method is to pay A$2600 for a B class Air New Zealand ticket, and use Confirmed Upgrades.

But maybe I should be flying CNS-GUM-HNL, which is a 13 hour journey and comes in at A$4900, and appears at Business levels to earn 650 Status Points.
Old May 30, 2011, 1:24 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I would assume so.
I would not be so sure. A recently trip from Guam to Saipan earned me 45 Airpoints in discount economy. Apparently if Guam is in Asia then Saipan is under Pacific Island in terms of Airpoints georgraphy. How did this happen? Because when Airpoints Dollar was invented, CO was still in SkyTeam and they didn't think it through. So yes this 50 min turbo prop flight earned me the same amount of Airpoints as from Australia to Asia. It would be a serious advantage for people taking this flight regularly although things will change to economy earning coming June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.