Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting your upgraded card - takes too long...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2009, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB - UA
Unhappy Getting your upgraded card - takes too long...

Last year I made 12 Flights - not enought to remain "Silver" (altough I had made 14 flights before April - I still was lowered to Ivory for that one flight... pathetic, but OK it is the rule ).

Since April I have been Silver again and since June I have been Gold. However it seems somehow impossible for FB to send me the appropriate card - It is now August and yesterday I received my SILVER card, not my gold card

FB replies with the we can look up your status and everything will be fine, and you can print your temporarily paper card from the site - however, I had issues getting into the lounges in Vienna, Dusseldorf and Paris - Moreover, try explaining to the security ladies at CDG what that paper card is - and getting through the quick security lane

I have sent 5! emails to FB Customer Services so far

Anyone else has this issue?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 8:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue, ANA
Originally Posted by Mark Wijman
I have sent 5! emails to FB Customer Services so far
Anyone else has this issue?
You may request to have a new card sent to you by sending the form located in Flying Blue -->Customer care-->Have you lost your Flying Blue Card? --> request another card.
Since you are already gold in their system they will generate a new gold card that may well arrived before your "upgraded" card.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB - UA
Originally Posted by goavibes
You may request to have a new card sent to you by sending the form located in Flying Blue -->Customer care-->Have you lost your Flying Blue Card? --> request another card.
Thanks ^ I have done that since mid June - I am getting a message that a "new card is in production" and that I cannot ask for a new one.

I even received an email from FB Customer Service and a telephone call confirming it is on its way :-:

- then yesterday I receive a silver card
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I know exactly how you feel.

I've qualified for Silver in mid-May and then for Gold in first few days of July, and I still haven't received my silver card yet.

I have tried to request another one sent as well as getting them to send it to my work address - still with no result
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:48 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
sending a duplicate card took more than 6 weeks for me
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by neuromancer
sending a duplicate card took more than 6 weeks for me
Did it ever cause you any problems getting through Access No 1 or entering the lounge not having the actual gold card?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Haven't tried Access No 1, when you travel with AF the status is on the boarding pass and they can check at the lounge. Not sure what happens if the lounge is not AF/KL
Old Aug 11, 2009, 4:15 pm

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Same problem here. I'm still waiting for my Gold card to come through and had one big hassle on a recent trip transferring from ORY to CDG on the AF coaches (free to Gold card holders). The bus driver took one look at the 'attestation' FB had sent me and laughed in my face (and rightly so it has to be said - it was just a measly bit of paper with some typing on it... no logo no stamp nothing). I ended up having to go back into the ORY terminal and getting an AirFrance employee to print my FB record off her computer and come out with me to the bus to get me on it for free... talk about a kerfuffle!!

Subsidiary question : That computer printout of my FB record had something curious on it - code priorite 2. Anyone know what kind of priority this is about??
Old Aug 11, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Haven't tried Access No 1
No problem so far with Access No 1.
Staff checks my boarding pass, but has never asked to see my FB card.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Q-STO
No problem so far with Access No 1.
Staff checks my boarding pass, but has never asked to see my FB card.
Thanks for your answer Q-STO ^

The only problem here is that your BP will show what status you held at the time of booking, which in my case is often up to 6-9 months in advance, and lots have happened in-between then and now status wise for me

Lounge entry is a different story as I guess AF has direct entry to your FB file...
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:34 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyphilrun
Subsidiary question : That computer printout of my FB record had something curious on it - code priorite 2. Anyone know what kind of priority this is about??
I don't know for sure, but I'll throw a guess:

If you as a Gold are code priorite 2, Platinums are probably code priorite 1, Silvers code priorite 3?

Maybe they use it to just differentiate between different FB levels?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.