Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My feet have started to vote

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 7:35 am
Original Poster

My feet have started to vote

With the change to the rules, and the general dissatisfaction with FB these days, I have jst booked my next two long haul flights, and they're not the KLM for the first time in a lot of years.

Taking advantage of the price war going on in the middle east, I have booked two return trips, one to BKK via DXB with a useful 4 day stopover in DXB on the way back, and one to an exhibition in Kuala Lumpur.

Emirates have some cracking deals on at the moment, our travel agent has taken advantage of the pay economy, travel first deal on the services where they have 1st class seats, so that'll make a nice change to the semi flat WBC seats.

Costs ? about £1800 for each of the two trips, as opposed to over £4000 for KLM's WBC fare on the same dates.

No brainer. As I have already got 147,000 level miles in this year to date with FB, there's little point in staying loyal, as I will be carrying over 147,000-115,000 into 2011's year.

Means a trip to Manchester instead of Humberside, but hey, Emirates will be sending a car for me so it's no great hardship.
Old May 26, 2009, 2:43 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Would you have spent the money on KLM had they not changed the rules? It is such a no-brainer that I can't imagine that you would have spent double the money for a poorer product.
Old May 26, 2009, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

No, but the change in rules HAS caused me to look elsewhere, which I haven't done for the last few years.
Humberside is a 20 minute drive, Manchester at least 90 mminutes, but if they want to send a car for me, thats fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.