Wiki Posts
Search

Ideas for flight from SF to keep miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Ideas for flight from SF to keep miles?

I fly AA, but a friend appealed to me for help with 200K expiring KLM miles as of end of April. It seems a restaurant won't do; it has to be a real Skyteam flight.

Cheapest I could find out of SFO area was OAK-SLC for $143, T class, same day return

Any better ideas?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:17 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Well... if you're going to fly from SFO, you might as well get more creative with it (i.e. get more miles for it). NW usually has cheap prices to JAX (<$200) which nets you considerable more miles. IME, another decent destination (but usually more expensive) can be PVD or BDL. The only problem with these destinations is the same day return. If you want to be back the same day, from the West Coast you're better off flying somewhere close. LAS usually has good prices.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 1:13 pm

I took the OAK-SLC flight to keep my miles active. That was the least expensive route I could find at the last minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.