Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Flying Lue"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
"Flying Lue"

Just had the following email:

(Why address an email to "DEAR MR". It would be nice to have a surname inserted even if the system does not run to Dr, and Flying lue?? Hmm there is a thought....).

DEAR MR,
Did you know?

Above 105,000 Level Miles (or 105 qualifying flights), all the Level Miles you accumulate during 2008 will remain valid in 2009.

This will make it easier for you to reach the necessary number of Level Miles* so you can keep your Flying Blue Platinum card for the following year.

It's an exclusive Platinum advantage…
to help you benefit even longer from all your other Platinum advantages.

Looking forward to welcoming you aboard soon.
Sincerely,
Herbert Verschuren
Director Flying lue
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
This was not above 115.000 miles until now? it has been changed or simply I was wrong?

Lately FB is very busy. I have received more mails in the last 10 days than in the previous 3 years.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:31 am

Am I the only one who hasnt received all these E-mails? I havent had any from them in months!
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:39 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I just got the "Dear Mr." email regarding the Platinum Extend benefit. I deleted it after I quickly skimmed it. The benefit has changed to 105,000 miles now? I thought it was 115,000.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum (lifetime)
Originally Posted by dg4255
I just got the "Dear Mr." email regarding the Platinum Extend benefit. I deleted it after I quickly skimmed it. The benefit has changed to 105,000 miles now? I thought it was 115,000.
Officially it's 115,000...

"Platinum extended
Get your year off to a flying start.
Make your Level Miles go further by carrying them forward for renewed Platinum membership. Instead of resetting your Miles counter to zero, Platinum Extended lets you give it a boost by topping up the total with every Level Mile you have collected beyond the 115,000 Level Mile threshold*.

* Except for French residents, where the required total is 150 000 Level Miles or 105 Level flight segments.

poor French residents
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by festis21
Am I the only one who hasnt received all these E-mails? I havent had any from them in months!

I rather enjoy my Flying Turd emails .Presumably aimed more at sycophantic natives rather than the real world.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
Unhappy same here...

Originally Posted by festis21
same here, i just don't get any whatsoever, i've been steadily going up in the FB world, from newbie in January to Gold now, aiming for Platinum by the end of october, and i haven't seen more emails, just a random one every now and then beside the monthly statement...

I'm one of these poor French residents, that's so unfair... the Dutch are at 115K and we're supposed to be on the same FF program...!!
Old Sep 2, 2008, 2:23 pm

Programs: CO Plat, NWA Gold, Delta, Hertz #1, PriorityClub, yadayada
Hey, I have not gotten any of those emails. Oh, wait, I don't belong.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 2:26 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I do not mind at all if some poor French resident wants to use my Italian address to get the reduced Plat level. I'll gladly forward the mail to you.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yabasta
same here, i just don't get any whatsoever, i've been steadily going up in the FB world, from newbie in January to Gold now, aiming for Platinum by the end of october, and i haven't seen more emails, just a random one every now and then beside the monthly statement...

I'm one of these poor French residents, that's so unfair... the Dutch are at 115K and we're supposed to be on the same FF program...!!
But the French AMEX card gives status miles!
Old Sep 2, 2008, 9:51 pm

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by yabasta

No, not (only) the Dutch are at 115K but EVERYONE outside France.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:12 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mofomat
But the French AMEX card gives status miles!
You can obtain and use French AMEX Card (Flying Blue) without having to be a French residence...all you need is a French Bank Account.

I sort of live in France and actively use AMEX FB Card but I maintain my FB address overseas because I really couldn't stand the the increased requirement they impose.....very very unfair for French residents, especially if the dutch ones don't need to follow the same requirement for the same program.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 3:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kiam
You can obtain and use French AMEX Card (Flying Blue) without having to be a French residence...all you need is a French Bank Account.

I sort of live in France and actively use AMEX FB Card but I maintain my FB address overseas because I really couldn't stand the the increased requirement they impose.....very very unfair for French residents, especially if the dutch ones don't need to follow the same requirement for the same program.
AF are not the only airline that do this for their home market. BA have higher targets for status for UK residents compared with continental European residents.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 6:38 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Just received the "Dear MR." mail and in France it is clearly stated "Above 150,000" miles.

Silly really since I'm already above that. I'm just relieved that they've stopped calling me "Miss" which went on for ages....
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Perhaps the "flying lue" is the code name for the new WBC cabins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.