Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club 2000 / Skipper ?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Question Club 2000 / Skipper ?

Does someone have reliable info on how to become Club 2000 or Skipper ? This seems to be above Platinum Elite, though still Elite Plus for Sky Team.

Most important, and what are the additional advantages ?

Cheers.

Last edited by topflyer78; Jun 18, 2008 at 4:05 pm
Old May 30, 2008, 11:03 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by Rolando Heffers
Does someone have reliable info on how to become Club 2000 or Skipper ? This seems to be above Platinum Elite, though still Elite Plus for Sky Team.

I am lifetime Platinum Elite, and a journalist, and did an epic travel for which I ended up in Guinness Book. Any idea to whom I should write ? Like, marketing department ? Does anyone have names, contact numbers, etc ?

Cheers.
Hello Ronaldo,

If I am correct, the Club 2000 was given when it started to 2000 people who would generate a considerate revenue for the company. Eventhough it was initially given to 2000 people, it is said that there are more now.

For further information, please use the search function (or contact Bodory)

Normally the Club 2000/Skippers is given to heads of state & directors of companies. As your are already a LPE, there is not much incentive for them to give you this level.

Gajan
Old May 30, 2008, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Originally Posted by Rolando Heffers
Does someone have reliable info on how to become Club 2000 or Skipper ? This seems to be above Platinum Elite
I do not know about Skipper, but the published benefits of Club 2000 are exactly the same as Platinum Elites. The only difference is that the card is attributed at AF's discretion (independently on how much you travel yourself), rather than based on the number of accrued status miles.

So while it may certainly be a good ego booster for some, the practical advantage of C2000 is not that great if you already are a Plat.

Last edited by albireo; May 30, 2008 at 11:31 pm
Old May 31, 2008, 2:44 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by albireo
I do not know about Skipper, but the published benefits of Club 2000 are exactly the same as Platinum Elites. The only difference is that the card is attributed at AF's discretion (independently on how much you travel yourself), rather than based on the number of accrued status miles.

So while it may certainly be a good ego booster for some, the practical advantage of C2000 is not that great if you already are a Plat.
C2000 = Skipper

C2000 was orginally AF and Skipper was KL.

They give this to CEO, European politicians, VIPs etc. but, as mentioned before, there are not much benefits besides the Platinum ones.
Old May 31, 2008, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Cool hmmm, the unwritten benefits ?

Yes, I think there must be more than 2000 "Club 2000" members, as I see them around quite a bit, or is the world that small ?

Last edited by topflyer78; Jun 18, 2008 at 4:12 pm
Old May 31, 2008, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by albireo
...So while it may certainly be a good ego booster for some...
You're so right! There are those who get it but couldn't care less and the ones who need it for the exact reason you state, and who are equally thrilled about making the Guinness book of records

PS Mods, please delete it if you think it's too nasty/personal.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately these things tend to be of the "If you have to ask" variety.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.