Wiki Posts
Search

UX - Air Europa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2007, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
My thoughts indeed
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:06 am

Programs: AF/KL silver, Sixt Plat., BMI *G, Northwest Gold, Iberia nothing, Spanair Blue
Originally Posted by sjefenole
Flying Blue website says you get a minimum of 750 miles for domestic flights on UX regardless of ticket class (B, C, D, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y)
Also double for Business.
Last RT I made on UX, only earned E class miles: that is 187 miles + 50% elite miles (i'm silver) as stated on my online account for each segment.

Called FB which informed me that E class is for French domestic service but that my booking class is indeed in their system (an improvement for them, but not for me and entitled to this amount.

Looks like UX is getting a look at the amount of miles they're offering or being coached by their AF counterparts.

So, no more 750 miles mini. on international UX flights
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
I think it will be tough to find many of the cheap fare on back-to-back flights during the same day. Those seem to be reserved for the odd hours. Still, if you earn 1500 per roundtrip minimum, it isn't a bad deal for the miles.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:52 am

Ok. I'm trying to convince my brother to do some runs... mighty angry that he missed Silver last year with 300 miles.
Constructed this:
BCN-PMI-MAD-AGP-MAD-BCN
It seems to be forcing connections thereby reducing the taxes due.
This is O,O,O,S,U class. $182.20
Time: 08:45-22:35
Old Oct 5, 2007, 8:02 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by sjefenole
Ok. I'm trying to convince my brother to do some runs... mighty angry that he missed Silver last year with 300 miles.
Constructed this:
BCN-PMI-MAD-AGP-MAD-BCN
It seems to be forcing connections thereby reducing the taxes due.
This is O,O,O,S,U class. $182.20
Time: 08:45-22:35
Good job!
On what day did you find that price?
Old Oct 5, 2007, 8:21 am

Don't remember but 196 on Nov 12.
Still, if you're only going for segments, MAD -> BCN/AGP and BCN -> AGP/SVQ/MAD is cheaper.

155 on the 19th. OOOUU
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but does anyone know if the cheap UX fares (that give you 25% miles) give you status segments when credited to FB?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: FB Gold, Elevate Founding Red, Avis Platinum, Sixt Gold; Krisflyer Elite Silver
I received credit for my two 25%-miles segments in Aug.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by ramblings
I received credit for my two 25%-miles segments in Aug.
So is this an easy way to get Gold based on segments?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
When a flight earns LEVEL miles, it earns segments.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: FB Gold, Elevate Founding Red, Avis Platinum, Sixt Gold; Krisflyer Elite Silver
Yep, the segments keep your status. I intentionally endure Delta in the US in order to accumulate segments and maintain status. The benefits of priority security, intl lounge access and exit rows are the driver for me (otherwise I would go back to VX). I use my amex plat for lounge access in the US - the cheap red wine in advance of any Delta flight helps numb the pain.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I am really stuffed by AirEuropa. There is a segment that never posted since late August, for which I sent the claim in by post a few weeks ago. So far, nothing has posted (receipt was acknowledged). Is there any way of joggling them along with this?

Without this segment, I am up to 29 segments, so I may be looking at a run to get that spare segment before the end of the year. Probably GVA/BSL to AMS and back, or DUS/CGN to AMS and back.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Concerto
5...) Is there any way of joggling them along with this? (...)
Best would be to call FB.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks..I think I will probably end up doing another segment anyway. It's just annoying, especially if you depend on the segment. I would certainly think twice about doing the run on UX mentioned above, it is so undependable.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Concerto
Thanks..I think I will probably end up doing another segment anyway. It's just annoying, especially if you depend on the segment. I would certainly think twice about doing the run on UX mentioned above, it is so undependable.
Undependable? Maybe you are drawing a hasty conclusion based on this one experience?

I never had problems with segment posting when flying UX (which is by no mean a proof of anything; however it contradicts your experience).

Why not call FB and fly one segment "anyway" if all this is about a qualifying segment? Are you sure the segment you flew is qualifying?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.