Search

Help with compensation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2007, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Help with compensation

Hi everyone-

My wife and I flew NY to CDG to Malaga last Sunday. We flew first class thanks to 400,000 AMEX points and we paid for three coach tickets for my son, daughter-in-law and our 2 1/2 year old grandson.

Our bags never made it to Malaga but we returned to the airport that evening and after 3 hours, we got our six suitcases. We did NOT get my grandson's stroller which was gate-checked in NY. I asked if we should pick it up at the gate in Paris and were told that it was being checked all the way to Malaga.

From Monday until this morning (Wednesday) we got no good info and no stroller. So today, we had to go out and buy one - it was simply not possible to do out sightseeing without a stroller for my grandson. When we returned to our timeshare in Marbella this afternoon, we got a call that the stroller had been located and delivered. Sure enough, it's here and we have it.

But because of the incompetance of AF, we're out about $80 and I feel that AF has some responsibility. Do y'all agree or not? If so, what should I ask for/expect? Thanks for the input.

Stevr
Old Jul 18, 2007, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Send a letter to customer relations explaining that you had to buy a stroller due to it not being delivered for 2 days and ask for reimbursement, joining a copy of the invoice.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Or just return the one you bought, enjoy your vacation, and stop worrying about trying to get $80 from KLM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.