Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time for miles from China Southern

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Time for miles from China Southern

I flew PEK - AMS with China Southern a couple of weeks ago, but there is still no sign of the miles posting, am I expecting to see them too soon?

This was my first experience with them so I have no idea what the norm is, and I really don't want to send in the all the paperwork to FB if it is not needed, on the otherhand if it is needed better to start now than a few more weeks down the line.

Does anybody have any experience?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 7:08 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life
I have done tons of flight on CZ and never got a single miles credited. Be aware that for now only a few classes of reservation gives you miles and typically in China very often you end up buying a ticket at a discount price. Hopefully when they join Skyteam more classes of reservation will be accepted
Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pauillac
I have done tons of flight on CZ and never got a single miles credited. Be aware that for now only a few classes of reservation gives you miles and typically in China very often you end up buying a ticket at a discount price. Hopefully when they join Skyteam more classes of reservation will be accepted
Well it was a KLM ticket and in B class so I certainly expect the miles, and will be a very unhappy camper if there is any suggestion the flight does not qualify
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:06 am

Well if it was a KL ticket on a code share CZ flight then you should have the miles. If it was a CZ ticket then check the following:

Flying Blue members can earn Miles on all China Southern-operated flights with a CZ, KL or AF prefix, except from Paris to China and Hong Kong.

You earn:
Economy Class 100% of your actual flown Miles
Business Class 150% of your actual flown Miles
First Class 300% of your actual flown Miles
Only the following booking classes are eligible for earning miles: A, C, D, F, W, Y
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Well if it was a KL ticket on a code share CZ flight then you should have the miles. If it was a CZ ticket then check the following:

Flying Blue members can earn Miles on all China Southern-operated flights with a CZ, KL or AF prefix, except from Paris to China and Hong Kong.

You earn:
Economy Class 100% of your actual flown Miles
Business Class 150% of your actual flown Miles
First Class 300% of your actual flown Miles
Only the following booking classes are eligible for earning miles: A, C, D, F, W, Y
Yes I saw that as usual there is conflicting and unclear info depending on what site you check.
I guess an email to FB is in order to see what they say.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 3:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
As it was told above, you don't get miles on europe/china flights on CZ. In spite of some lack of information at the begining of their agreement with AF in nov 2004 to its personnal (FB card ? what' s that, we don't take it...) I got all the miles linked with China domestic flights
Old Jul 13, 2006, 5:18 am

By the way how was your experience on CZ Longhaul, I have heard rather negative comments especially for the food and noize since they serve the second round of food very very early before landing.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 9:15 am
Original Poster

By the way how was your experience on CZ Longhaul, I have heard rather negative comments especially for the food and noize since they serve the second round of food very very early before landing.
Well the miles posted yesterday but only award miles not level but that is what I was expecting after reading all the info, I just wish I had checked earlier as I could have switched to the KL flight, I'll just have to chalk it down to experience.
The flight itself was OK the plane was quite new, flight was bang on schedule, the food was perhaps not the best but certainly not bad enough to complain about.
I would have no problems using them again if they were to become a full partner and give me the level miles!
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:15 am

My situation ws a little different as I never got miles when doing internal trip in China using CZ due to lower fare prices.

still what I don't understand in your case is that you were holding a KL ticket and therefore it should not matter if this is operated on code share basis or not you should have had both level and award miles for that trip.

I flew several time on MU (China eastern) on a AF ticket in code share and always got eaxctly the same amount of miles as when I was flying with AF on that route.

As long as you had a KL ticket you should deserve all the miles for it
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:38 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
I flew CZ about a week ago on Shanghai PVG to Xian. Miles haven't posted, nor do I expect them to post but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Flying Blue Gold card is accepted for lounge access [incl guest] (even though not mentioned on FB website).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.