Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can a friend use my FB number?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2006, 3:18 pm

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
Well, after reading all of this, it's sure that a number of mistakes can happen ; but on the other hand, giving a FB card with a name deliberately different of the one of the ID/and the ticket could be considered as fraudulous by FB, they seem to be a little nervous about this...
Old Apr 25, 2006, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by frankvb
Actually there isn't much point in designing a computer system in such a way that it will pick up these seldomly occuring anomolies (being on 2 flights at the same time) - the money spent on doing that will probably be more than the money saved by not awarding these miles....

Now, as DomScarff suggested, one thing that the computer system should check is if the name of the pax matches the name on the FF account - in order to reduce the amount of false positives it is probably best to only match the surname. An error in this is much more likely to happen, e.g. if the check-in staff makes a mistake when manually entering the number.
My company designs computer systems like this.

Depending on the mess that KLM/AF/FB have with their IT systems, it should be a very easy thing to do. I think that a check on the surname and forename should be a no brainer and something like this would take no time at all to implement.

Poor IT is not an excuse -although I think it is all that FB can fall back on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.